Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keeping tongue rings in alcohol

Options
  • 14-09-2004 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have been storing my tongue rings in rubbing alcohol, and just recently I got some new plastic balls for my birthday. Well I noticed that when I put the balls in the rubbing alcohol they started growing a clear gooey substance on them. It doesnt seem to be effecting the old ones, but when I take the ones with the gooey stuff on them and out them under water the clear substance hardens and I am able to scratch it off, but it seems to be deteriorating the plastic and now some of my brand new plastic balls are unuseable. Is this a weird fugus or what, do I need to store my tongue rings in mouth wash or something, please help me I don't want to ruin anymore tongue rings. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Plastic doesn't get on too well with alcohol. It corrodes.

I'm not sure how advisable it is to change your tongue jewellery often. Someone else here will know. Either way, you can't store anything plastic in alcohol-based fluids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rayne0825

Is there a better solution that I should keep them in like maybe salt water or a mouthwash or something? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You don't need to store them in anything, put them in boiling water for a while after you take them out and then dry and store them, there's no need to keep them in alcohol solution the whole time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I'd have said the same as Eth0, no need to store them in alcohol just pop them in boililng water after taking them out and before putting them in again. Personally I would question why they are being taken out all the time, this can only increase the chances of problems.

Advertisement