Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

attention nitpickers-star wars cuts

Options
  • 25-03-1999 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

i'm sure your'e all aware of the scene that didnt make it into the original Star Wars: A New Hope, the Han meets Jabba bit, which was stuck into the recent remastered versions. But theres also stacks of other ones that never made it. I was reading the script the other night and i noticed that there was several scenes with Luke that werent in the film.

Luke sees the battle in orbit over Tatooine with his macrobinoculars while repairing a vaporator (the first scene in which he appears actually).

Luke and his friends meeting in Tosche station, and Luke saying goodbye to Biggs, whos going off to join the Rebels.

I would have brushed these off as scenes that just werent filmed, but I have actually seen pictures of them in some old Star Wars annuals. Has anybody got any idea what actually happend to these scenes, and why they appear to have been all but forgotten?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Don't know the full answer. There is a PC CD ROM "Behind the magic" which is supposed to have some of these scenes.

Check out http://www.dejanews.com and http://www.starwars.com

415.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I saw those clips a few months ago, a friend of mine here (movie reviewer) had them on a Star Wars preview CD (stills and diagrams from the new trilogy).

They had the Han Solo original Jabba meeting (no Jabba, an actor) and the Luke/Biggs farewell thingy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Mention of restored scenes etc. raises an old objection I had to one scene restored in A New Hope for the remasters.
    The one where Han is seen to actually return fire under the table in the bar at mos eisly. According to Lord Lucas he thought the original scene made Han look too nasty and wanted to protect the loveable rogue image by making it look as if he had returned fires in self defence.
    In my opinion this was total crap. It just looks stupid. I mean if the bad guy fired first under the table at a distance of 2 feet he would not miss. The loveable rogue was never in any danger. Han was a cool dood who killed first, asked questions later and we laughed it all up. Now he's a goody two-shoes. I mean please!

M

Advertisement