Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's the best place to buy Stargate dvd's online?

Options
  • 14-09-2004 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Where’s the best place to buy Stargate dvd’s online?

I’m short season 1 and 3 and I can get them at a discount price from amazon for €116 if you buy the two together. Which isn’t bad as one season in town would cost me about €90. but is there any other site that does them cheaper???

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Well for Region 2, you can try play.com where Season 1 and Season 3 are £30 each. That's about €90 for both of them.

If your DVD player is multi-region, then do as I did and order from DVDSoon where Season 1 and Season 3 will, together, set you back CA$90. That works out just shy of €60 - a bargain for two seasons!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭callmescratch

i wouldn't order from dvdsoon.com if you want them anytime soon. i had season 2 on order for over a month before i got sick of waiting for it to come into stock.
    at the time i ordered it said they would be in stock in 1-3 days. after that the expected "in stock" date disappeared and nothing was displayed.

i sent them a friendly mail asking for stock info but was told that what was on the website was all they could tell me (nothing basically).

after a long wait i cancelled the order and got "Elephant" and "City of God" instead (which were both excellent and arrived very quickly).

so if you really want a bargain and don't mind waiting you can go with them.

that said, im very close to ordering a couple of seasons of SG from them again and just waiting as long as it takes. they're so cheap (also i just got a job so can actually afford them).

so if you really want a bargain and don't mind waiting you can go with them.

that said, im very close to ordering a couple of seasons of SG from them again and just waiting as long as it takes. they're so cheap (also i just got a job so can actually afford them).
    Uh huh. It took about 5 weeks for them to get my Stargate seasons 4+5 back in stock before they finally shipped my order. When they did it took only a few days to arrive.

If you're impatient they're not the best way to go, I agree, but if you can wait they will eventually deliver at their cheaper price. I'm going to get S6 + S7 off of them as well as I can wait for their deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I was told there was a new DVD style Stargate magazine coming out with 3 episodes on it per issue?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 DieHardGamer

ixoy wrote:
    Well for Region 2, you can try play.com where Season 1 and Season 3 are £30 each. That's about €90 for both of them.

Am i missing some coupon or something?? I bought Season 1 last month for E71 and Season 2 this month for E78 on Play.com, it wasnt E90 for both.

Am i missing some coupon or something?? I bought Season 1 last month for E71 and Season 2 this month for E78 on Play.com, it wasnt E90 for both.
    Nope, you just missed the offer period unfortunately frown.gif Prices have gone back up to what you paid last time I checked.

Fair enough, Im too gullable, don't shop around enough, if i want something really bad i buy the 1st one i see. Is it true that amazon sells 2 for E116 as the first post says??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭callmescratch

at the moment on play season 1-6 run at about €37, which is only about €10 more expensive than DVD Soon . this may be a recent development im not sure. season 7 is still about €65.
    thinking of cancelling my dvdsoon order and going with play. i may not be as patient as i thought i was.

at the moment on play season 1-6 run at about €37, which is only about €10 more expensive than DVD Soon . this may be a recent development im not sure. season 7 is still about €65.
    I must be missing a special link then on Play 'cos i didnt see anything saying that 1-6 is E37 each.

...Oops sorry never mind, i just checked and your kinda right, although it's E42.99 per box set not E37, i ordered 2-4, better of doing it now before the price goes up again. Every one of them is out of stock, does it take long for them to be restocked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

www.playcentric.com - got first 6 seasons for about 250 odd region 1.......

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

...Oops sorry never mind, i just checked and your kinda right, although it's E42.99 per box set not E37
    It's only 42 if you ask them to display the prices in euros and to bill you in euros. if you get it billed to your card in sterling (which obviously your bank/card issuer will convert when billing you) they still work out at 37-38.

Play screw you/hedge their currency when you select the "display in euros so I know exactly what I'm paying/as I'm too lazy to convert the currency directly for reference when buying" option. This is the case with anything you buy on the site so buying using the sterling price is usually a far better deal.

Advertisement