Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish help

Options
  • 14-09-2004 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭

i need help with my irish homework im doing pass i a crap at irish we have to do an essay on this

bhi se deanach san oiche .bhiomar amuigh faoin tuath.stop an carr.Theip ar an inneall.Bhiomar i bponcp[i dtriobloid]

i think know what that irish sentences mean but i have no idea what to do it on, i dont know how to finish it i have to do a A4 page

can any body do it for me or give a web page which will help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Jesus it's pass Irish how can you even think of anyone doing your essay for you? I did nothing for the entire two years, wrote about 10 lines total on paper 2 and waffled badly in paper one and got a C2.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

:p:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Sorry to sound all preachy but if sum1 does it for you you'll kick urself if it comes up and u hadnt done it urself and hence learned it! If you want any help with translating sentences or whatever pm me but i'm not writing it for u!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Shoolaboola

I am in 3rd year and i could do that for you...

snoopdog wrote:
    i need help with my irish homework im doing pass i a crap at irish we have to do an essay on this

bhi se deanach san oiche .bhiomar amuigh faoin tuath.stop an carr.Theip ar an inneall.Bhiomar i bponcp[i dtriobloid]

Don't forget your fadas.

Bhí se déanach san oiche. Bhíomar amuigh faoin tuath. Stop an gluaistéan (mor impressive than carr). Theip ar an inneall. Bhíomar i bponc (no "P")

Translation: It was late at night. We were out in the woods. The car stopped.
    The engine wasnt working. We were in trouble.

i think commas would be better than all those full stops.

• Advertisement

I am in 3rd year and i could do that for you...
    No need to be mean about it!!

No need to be mean about it!!

well i suppose the whole irish primary school for 8 years thing might help me out a little.... :p

well i suppose the whole irish primary school for 8 years thing might help me out a little.... :p

True......still no need to be mean about sum1 who asks for help

I know it was uncalled for...but I still helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Lads and lassies, don't be mean about someone's skill in a subject, you wouldn't laugh if it was pass French or German, would you?

Snoopdog, I gather you're supposed to write an essay based around this? Try thinking it through in English first. Don't use words you wouldn't normally use in english, and don't go in for any long descriptive 5-lines-long sentances, they just get confused in any language.

I doubt you'll find a website for this sort of thing, and I know I hated writing essays for any subject when I was in school, but you are better off to write 5 lines of your own than 2 pages of someone else's work. If nothing else, your teacher can usually tell if it's your work or not, and may well mark you accordingly. If you're really having problems ask for help, and if you don't get on with your teacher, ask andother Irish teacher in the school.(I know I could never talk to my Irish teacher)

Sorry if this wasn't the kind of help you wanted.
    Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

You're trying to think and be creative in a different language. This is difficult even for multi-taking women. Break the job down in smaller parts and tackle them one at a time. Write the essay in English. Use short simple sentences. Then translate the sentences one at a time.

look hey i did the essay my self and got an A in the test so i dont need help any more

thanks any way

i was being mean i'm sorry, i tend to get like that, forgive meh?

ya you were very mean

i have feelings too

im joking :D:p

ya no bother just forget about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

congrats on the A

thanks mate

Advertisement