Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting....

Options
  • 29-03-1999 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

Got a film on the weekend that I hadn't heard *anything* about. Not a peep! Not a sausage. And it was really good! (could have been beer goggles but I doubt it). The film is 'Phantoms' based on the book of the same name by Dean Koontz. A good one to get if you've seen everything else.

Another underrated film is Deep Rising which looked like complete crap from the trailers but,.. It was crap.. really crap.. but it was MEANT to be crap and that made it good...really good. Give it a quick squint if you get a chance.

J.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

man i've read every single Dean Koontz book ... never heard of a film of Phantoms!!!
    wow gotta get it out..
    Xtravision yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I'm sure it's there. The one I watched was from Moviemaster. It's a black case with four peeps on the front (2 v.cute lassies and 2 guys). Green alien/species writing.

Does the book explain much of the character background (the film doesn't really, but it added to the atmosphere).?

Also, I read Lightning and it reminded of a film but I can't remember which one!!! Was there ever a film made of Lightning? Any other good Koontz based films?

Advertisement