Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy

Options
  • 14-09-2004 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else think he is a right fool?? i used to be hooked to The Full Irish but now i just cant stand him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CormacCortinaz

I find he's a right git. the wife stick him on the radio in the morning cus it makes me jump out of bed just to turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

He managed to make the cringe worthy Rose of Tralee even more unwatchable. Not great on the radio either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

he is a bafoon, a real gobsheit

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I used to like him when he was 'fresh and new' but my god, what a head wrecker!!!

The way he has his own playlist of Sinatra and Dean Martin, as well as other oldie crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Yeah, can't stand him, i thought he was bad on radio but on tv he's even worse. Comes across as a right smart-arse.... Although someone most like him seeing he has lasted so long on 2FM in the mornings!!
    Ray Darcy is every bit as annoying as him, either of them on the radio and I have to change channels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kaiphas

His overly large head and spindley body drive me mad. Still if his head gets any bigger it should snap his weasily neck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Compared to the trash that usually get played when I get to listen to the radio, I find him a refreshing change...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

His overly large head and spindley body drive me mad. Still if his head gets any bigger it should snap his weasily neck.

Grow up, will you? If you have nothing constructive to say, then don't say anything at all. Your school holidays should be over now!

For what it's worth, I think that he is bright, funny and sarcastic individual. Although I'd have to admit that his "full irish" breakfast show needs to be revamped as it is going a bit stale!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

delly wrote:
    The way he has his own playlist of Sinatra and Dean Martin, as well as other oldie crap.

Much like doodle_sketch I'd rather listen to Dean Martin or Frank Sinatra than all the other shíte that's on the radio these days. What would you prefer? Britney?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

ah he's alright. not particularly amazing or anything but i tend to flick between fm104 and spin103.8... purely for the comedy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Dr. Loon wrote:
    Much like doodle_sketch I'd rather listen to Dean Martin or Frank Sinatra than all the other shíte that's on the radio these days. What would you prefer? Britney?
    In the morning while having my brekkie, then the answer *has* to be Britney, by a country mile. Or Oasis. Or something with, well, snare drums. In short POP music.

Lounge music/easy listening is evening music. There's nothing wrong with it, but it doesn't lend itself to cornflakes, burnt toast and the like

Besides, I can only imagine how hacked off the average commuter stuck at the red-cow roundabout gets when they hear 'Come fly with me' and they realise that they've another 25 mins of inching forward to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I went through a Tubridy phase for the last 6 months, but I'm back with Iano on TodayFM now. Ryan was really starting to annoy me. I only really liked the 5 minutes of banter with the team at 7:30, and the paper review at 8:15. I could take or leave the rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I think he's the new Gerry Ryan, RTE bigwigs love him so he'll be on our screens and over our airwaves until he dies, presenting shi*e show after sh*te show, always being given another chance after the previous flop. I suggest that he be killed as soon as possible. Can I get an amen to tha'?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I have to say I really enjoy his show. It makes a change from listening to the crap that is on the other radio station in the mornings... Its the same bloody generic format with crap DJs etc..

At least he is a bit witty, sarcastic, drole humour, which I enjoy. His taste in music is good (apart from his constant plugging of the thrills). I would rather hear bobby darren and frank sinatra in the morning than britney and garreth gates.. And he only plays that stuff about once per show.. The rest is a bit more modern... If you want to listen to pop etc, listen to spin or one of those stations...

Its the best move that 2FM have made in a long time...

Long live Ryan....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Spacedog wrote:
    I think he's the new Gerry Ryan, RTE bigwigs love him so he'll be on our screens and over our airwaves until he dies, presenting shi*e show after sh*te show, always being given another chance after the previous flop. I suggest that he be killed as soon as possible. Can I get an amen to tha'?

AMEN ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Ryan Tubridy is the single most detestable thing in that morass of crap ideas and utter arrogant idiots that is RTE.I cant stand him anytime I see/hear him I want to grab him and snap him up into little bits of arrogant ****wit and then feed him to some kind of rabid horse.In short yes spacedog you get your amen,from me anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

I was just wondering maybe its a Dublin thing?? Out of interest are the people who say they like him from Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Belle Ende

Tubridy is THE c*nt's c*nt. What a smug bastard he is. :mad: And people are saying he is getting annoying recently - I've been of the opinion that he's been hugely annoying and self-absorbed all along. RTE (and Tubridy himself) want to portray him as 'zany', 'daring' :rolleyes: and 'the next big thing'. F*ck. Right. Off.

Plus he probably wrote his own glorious definition on various internet web encyclopedias! Ego or what. Just do a Google search for Ryan Tubridy and read the 3rd and 4th links. What a legend he is.

You can almost sense him in the studio with his arms folded in satisfaction, smiling at his reflection in the glass wall of the producer's booth.

Tubridy = Tosser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

There are some classic moments on the Full Irish but if you actually analyse it, if there were no texts or emails there would be no show. Success of the show is down to the interaction with the listenership. I think it is going a bit stale too but more listeners are tuning in. Compared with the alternatives going in to work though, I'll stick with 2FM for the moment.

On another note, a genuine high-quality radio presenter of recent times is David McWilliams. THERE's the real intelligence, wit, humour, depth and professionalism. It was a crying shame that the idiotic management (and Dunphy) at Newstalk pulled the proverbial rug from under McWilliams' feet.

Stick yer Gerry Ryans and yer Ryan Tubridys up yer arses. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Belle Ende wrote:
    Tubridy is THE c*nt's c*nt. What a smug bastard he is. :mad: And people are saying he is getting annoying recently - I've been of the opinion that he's been hugely annoying and self-absorbed all along. RTE (and Tubridy himself) want to portray him as 'zany', 'daring' :rolleyes: and 'the next big thing'. F*ck. Right. Off.

Plus he probably wrote his own glorious definition on various internet web encyclopedias! Ego or what. Just do a Google search for Ryan Tubridy and read the 3rd and 4th links. What a legend he is.

You can almost sense him in the studio with his arms folded in satisfaction, smiling at his reflection in the glass wall of the producer's booth.

Tubridy = Tosser.
    Are you Pat Kenny, by any chance?

:D

alleepally wrote:
    Compared with the alternatives going in to work though, I'll stick with 2FM for the moment.
    So the alternative of MP3s/Discman/Minidisc etc. is a lesser option than persisting with the bilge that is mainstream radio? Well, I suppose the listeners get the audiocasts they deserve.
    Are you Pat Kenny, by any chance? :D
    Yes. Yes I am. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Belle Ende wrote:
    So the alternative of MP3s/Discman/Minidisc etc. is a lesser option than persisting with the bilge that is mainstream radio? Well, I suppose the listeners get the audiocasts they deserve.

Until the radio stations in this town, dublin, use the traffic alert system like the UK, I'm afraid I'm going to be stuck listening to one of the stations, just to hear if the luas / dart / bus etc are running on time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i agree 100%

it's a pitty we're stuck with such ****e. even at such an early hour, dunfy manages to sound pissed off his face.

does anyone know if mcwilliams is coming back to newstalk? maybe on a night slot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

I think its the fact that tubridys thinks he's a comedian that p|sses me off so much. They should stick billy Connely on the radio in the mornings. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Turn off the radio. Then throw it out the window. ALL Irish radio is ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

I never liked him. I've always hated him, even before he got put on tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

comet wrote:
    Yeah, can't stand him, i thought he was bad on radio but on tv he's even worse. Comes across as a right smart-arse.... Although someone most like him seeing he has lasted so long on 2FM in the mornings!!

He's related to Eamon Andrew's, who's a TD in the Dail, so it's all pull.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

My experience with his show is limited, but he seemed to play good songs when I did hear him(rock the boat!).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭unme

It's not his fault alone - he is just an idiot. It is mostly the fault of the people who insist on putting him on the national airwaves that we taxpayers are paying for.

Advertisement