Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Qs

Options
  • 14-09-2004 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

Have a programe running in the backround but the icon in the tray has gone missing. Is there anyway to get it back so i can access the prog????

Also, when trying to drag n drop files in order to move them windows now just makes a copy??? It did this before for no reason whatsoever. How do i change ti back???

Running win Xp pro sp1

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

unklerosco wrote:
    Have a programe running in the backround but the icon in the tray has gone missing. Is there anyway to get it back so i can access the prog????

Is it on Alt+Tab?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

unklerosco wrote:
    Also, when trying to drag n drop files in order to move them windows now just makes a copy??? It did this before for no reason whatsoever. How do i change ti back???

Are you dragging the files to a different drive? When you drag files from drive to drive, Windows copies them instead of moving (cutting) them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

It aint on Alt tab.... Its still in task manager/processes

I am dragging to a different drive, thanks for that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

You have 2 options for the systray icon...

1: Kill explorer.exe and restart it via taskmgr. Is the applet is coded correctly, it'll refresh on the the redraw message from explorer.exe.

2: If #1 fails, you'll have to kill the process and restart it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

unklerosco wrote:

Yeah as said different drive and you are dragging to a different drive but if you still want to do this and not have it copy, but just move. Simply keep shift key pressed while dragging. Might be a handy tip for you if you still doing this

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Or you could drag items with the right mouse button. When you drop them, you'll be prompted to Copy, Move, Create Shortcut or Cancel.

HTH,
    adam

Advertisement