Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IGame Event?

Options
  • 15-09-2004 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anything about this event?

I Game

I'm not affiliated with this event in any way, But I'm curious as to who is going to go to it, to look or compete, I'll be dropping down to have a look, doubtful I'll compete though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Meh, consoles. I'll probably wander in so anyway.

OOh, weeman!
    I can just picture it, it's in Spirit, in Dublin, and it's consoles only. All the PS2-head trackies will show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Skateboard and BMX show! With a vert pipe I presume. Hot damn :eek:

P.s. Bling to Blue Wing for bringing this thing to my attention..ning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

OH SWEET! IM SO GOIN TO THIS! how do you get tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'll be going to this if the price is right. Hopefully the selection is good. Skateboard show should be entertaining. And Weeman is there.

Should be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

It should be good alright, I dont know how to get tickets? Maybe signup on their site?

Off their site :

"Additional information about this event is available by sending an email to info@igame.ie"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

As expected, I’ve found nothing about it on the RDS events page http://www.rds.ie/events/index.asp The dates concede with the Ideal Homes thing and the PC Live! Experience thing – which doesent neasarly mean it is apart of them.

STRANGLY the RDS event page does list a ‘PlayStation Event’ - most likely an Ireland version of the PlayStation Experience - from 06/11/2004 to 07/11/2004; not strange at all it gives a marketing company as the contact, rather then SCE IE.

RE igame.ie

Here’s some raw research, which has hit a dead-end for now… (I've also emailed them!)

According to iedr.ie, igame.ie is registered to…

http://www.iedr.ie/cgi-bin/whois.cgi?whois=igame.ie

% Rights restricted by copyright; http://www.domainregistry.ie/copyright.html
    % Do not remove this notice

domain: igame.ie
    descr: Zinc Entertainment Ltd
    descr: BODY CORPORATE (LTD,PLC,COMPANY)
    descr: Discretionary Name
    admin-c: AAV020-IEDR
    tech-c: TDI2-IEDR
    nserver: NS1.TURBODNS.CO.UK
    nserver: NS2.TURBODNS.CO.UK
    source: IEDR

person: Conor Glennon
    nic-hdl: AAV020-IEDR

person: Technical Dept. Irish Domains Ltd
    nic-hdl: TDI2-IEDR
    Copyright © 2003, IE Domain Registry Limited.

The important part in the above is ‘descr: Discretionary Name’, in the same spot with most other .ie address it reads ‘descr: Registered Business Name’ or ‘Corporate Name’.

This company may not have any connection to the above - through the CRO’s website I have a found a newly registered company, registered in June called ‘ZINC ENTERTAINMENT LIMITED’, their address is listed as…

http://www.cro.ie/search/resultse.asp?number=387077&BI=C

C/O PROMOCON IRELAND LIMITED
    ALEXANDRA HOUSE
    THE SWEEPSTAKES
    BALLSBRIDGE DUBLIN 4

According to the CRO’s website, ‘PROMOCON IRELAND LIMITED’ isn’t a company registered in Ireland. Google lists quite a few companies address at ‘ALEXANDRA HOUSE, THE SWEEPSTAKES, BALLSBRIDGE, DUBLIN 4’. I’ve found that the fifth floor is currently to let if anyone interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I registered(why not?) I don't really get it though, will I be told that I have to play in the IGC before IGame? And I looked up Spirit and it's a music venue on Abbey St. but there's no mention of the IGC on their website(??). I think I have to play a qualifying round at Spirit and then the final is in the RDS(IGame). I'm guessing I'll be contacted soon....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

i registered for the IGC down in cork, sure we can only see whats it about, should be good i hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

that sounds really dodgy.

Good research monument icon14.gif

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Back again this year?... http://gamestoaster.com/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm going to register for Radiant Silvergun and beat everyone. Why? Because no one else will register for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

I signed up.

I put down Dublin, xbox: soul calibur 2, pro evo 4, halo 2.

I wonder if it will take off this year.
    twould be enjoyable destroying everyone in soul calibur on a huge screen.

Advertisement