Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Poker Ace scores 4.5k per week

Options
  • 15-09-2004 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭

Interesting story on the Register, about a Mathematics grad, who turned down a 40k per year salary, to play poker on Ladbrokes..

Check it out here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Anybody any idea what her name is on Laddies?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I know that there is a girl - username rebecca - who wins a lot of cash on Ladbrokes - could be her

Hyzepher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭CoD

I wonder what sort of tables she plays, like level of cash game or MTT/SnGs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

If you were playing limit the best you can realistically hope to earn is 2BB an hour on average, so if she was playing for 40 hours a week she would need to be playing at least
    50/100, do they have such a high limit on ladbrooks? If she was multi tabling her earn couldnt really be above 1.5bbs an hour, which would work out 4.5 bbs an hour (3 tables), 4.5bbs * 40 (hours) * x = 8000

so she would need to be playing 20/40. Can you profitably multi table at such a high limit? I dont think so.

If she was playing NL her earn could be maybe 10 - 15 bbs an hour, so she would need to be playing 10 20 nl. To play this successfully you need a bankroll in excess of 40 or 50 thousand dollars. (You'd buyin for about 200bb's which is $4k, & youd really want at least 10 buyins in you br). The problem with playing at this limit is that there arent many players at such high stakes that are capably of losing for extended periods of time, ie they go broke. And the varience at limits as high as this would be enough to dent the GDP of a small country.

$8000 a week is half a million a year.

Since the articles source is the sun I would be a little sceptical of the numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Edmundo

Kinda puts me wanting to play for 20 euro'ish into perspective :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Here's 'The Sun's' article, which includes a picture, for the really curious!

Just on another note. Which site would be best to play on or have they all got the same reputation? Ladbrokes, Poker Million, Poker Room etc...?

Goes easy now I'm inexperienced....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Edmundo wrote:
    Just on another note. Which site would be best to play on or have they all got the same reputation? Ladbrokes, Poker Million, Poker Room etc...?

Goes easy now I'm inexperienced....

Theres no answer to that, they all have advantages and disadvantages. Id advice downloading as many as possible and playing the play money games. You can see which you feel most comfortable at. I play at Victor Chandler mainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Her nick is citychick2. She'll probably have to change it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

re playing online, I've just left vc after suffering countless site crashes and a chat ban for daring to raise a voice in criticism in the lobby. You have been warned!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

she's hardly a bleedin wizzkid genius only
    getting a 2:2 in maths now is she!!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Finishing the course is an acheivment from what i've seen (TCD maths)!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

TCD maths = Gayboys

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Let's face it, if she'd been really clever, she wouldn't have had an article published in 'The Sun' in the first place.. You can just see everyone shunning her as soon as she logs in.. (except those nice people in the Revenue department)..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Hyzepher wrote:
    TCD maths = Gayboys
    Me thinks you're looking for a banning. I hope DeVore is in a similar mood to yesterday! ;)

Edit: Imagine a mod getting banned from the site for a post on the forum he mods, oh the irony!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Ban Hyzepher!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Hyzepher wrote:
    TCD maths = Gayboys

:)

Advertisement