Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda auction!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Might head in myself ltr...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Just onto the girlfriend who's already their and she said there's stereo's, Power drills, TVs, Golf Clubs, Cameras, Camcordes. Some in good condition.

I'll give more details when I'm back....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭tuco

Thanks for the tip, but I see they aren't including bikes in the auction. Anyone know when the bike auctions happen or are they completely random 'watch local press for details' jobs? I've heard you can get really good stuff at them, and since I've had two bikes stolen in Dublin in the past few years, it'd be kinda nice to get one back cheap! Cheers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Sorry - not going down now. Girlfriend says there's nothing eye catching except a few golf club sets (about 5-6 sets). The TVs are not worth looking at either apparently unless your just looking for a cheap standard TV. There's also Jewellery their as well.

Might be worth while for gardeners as there's alot of garden tools down their.

L8r ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Penfolds

tuco wrote:
    Anyone know when the bike auctions happenQUOTE]

They're normally every 6 months and there was one in March (http://www.garda.ie/angarda/press/2004/p23febc2004.html) so there should be one coming up in the next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Any concrete saws?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

How do these things work? im on the lookout for a cheap TV. Do you bid on them with a minimum price or whats the story? are there certain times that certain things are on the block or do you just show up any time and all of it is available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

The auction was great. I bought 2 guards, a superintendant, a judge, 2 county councillors and a backbench TD for a surprisingly small amount.
    I'm all out of brown envelopes now, so off to Easons with me. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

BY they time I got down there was just a couple of pigs left

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

if anyone went to the viewing did you happen to see any golf clubs as part of tomorrows auction?

tks

Neonitrix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MF2HD

keith123 wrote:
    Sorry - not going down now. Girlfriend says there's nothing eye catching except a few golf club sets (about 5-6 sets). The TVs are not worth looking at either apparently unless your just looking for a cheap standard TV. There's also Jewellery their as well.

Might be worth while for gardeners as there's alot of garden tools down their.

L8r ;)

looks like there could be :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Lenny wrote:
    BY they time I got down there was just a couple of pigs left

the smell of fried bacon in the morning..hmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

What went for what sort of money anybody happen to know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Brenner

are the selling any of those captured shipments of #?

hee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

Brenner wrote:

hee :D

we can all hope and dream....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Went down for a look today most of it was rubbish. If you wanted to buy a cd player system for €50 that was obviously second hand you were in the right place. Some old Tv's and golfclubs. Most of the guys down there looked like they came back to buy the stuff they stole originally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Or follow home the person who buys it and steal it again?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

jebus, a lot of people have no sense of humour on boards, everytime I make little smart comments, which I think have a sense of laughter all i get is negative, god sakes like too many people going mad on karma tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,654 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Brenner wrote:

:rolleyes: Er, no :rolleyes:

Long since been consumed along with the confiscated cans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

try the Garda website for news regarding the bike auction, sign up to the news letter and they will inform you of auctions and any crimes you may be linked to...

• Advertisement
Advertisement