Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hand me the Glock

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Giorgio Pantano has been dropped from the Jordan Ford team the Silverstone-based outfit announced this morning. Pantano, who competed in 14 events this year, failed to score any championship points, despite some strong drives. Heading to the Chinese Grand Prix weekend, Timo Glock has been promoted from the role of third driver to race driver, while the team has signed Robert Doornbos as the team’s third driver for the remaining races.

“It has been a pleasure working with Giorgio this year however contractual issues have made this unavoidable and we wish him every success in the future," Jordan said in a statement. "Timo’s performance throughout the season as our third driver in testing and free practice has been first-class particularly when he stood in and raced in Canada. I am confident that in this unexpected call-up he will do a good job for Jordan again. In Shanghai he will be in the same boat as everyone else as the circuit is new for all the drivers.”

Glock has participated in team test sessions and Friday free practice at every Grand Prix so far this season. He raced in the Canadian Grand Prix and scored two points in his F1 race debut.

Doornbos, team-mate to Tonio Liuzzi this year in F3000 with Arden International with three podium positions and a victory at Spa Francorchamps to his credit, described his chance with Jordan as 'Fantastic'.

“The F3000 season only just ended in Monza and it’s been an amazing season for me – in my first year in F3000 I won a race and got on the podium a few times," Doornbos said. "To get this chance with Jordan is fantastic and although it’s late in the day and at circuits I have never visited, I’m grabbing the opportunity with both hands and looking forward to my first F1 drive. I would like to thank my sponsors Muermans Group and Burgfonds for helping me to make this possible.”

Describing the Friday position as an unexpected opportunity, Jordan welcomed Doornbos to the team.

“I’m very pleased that we have been able to offer this unexpected opportunity to Robert Doornbos," said Jordan. "He has shown very impressive form this season with Arden International, holding his own against a dominant team-mate. Winning at Spa is a great achievement because it is a true ‘drivers’ track and we are looking forward to having Doornbos on board with Jordan for his F1 debut.”

E.A.
    Source Jordan Ford

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

about f*cking time too! Go timo! Did you know his girlfriend races mini's? *giggle*

Advertisement