Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Restore Fat Boy Wheels

Options
  • 15-09-2004 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

Hi does anyone know where in Ireland I can get the wheels of a Harley-Davidson Fatboy and forks restored to there pristine condition.

The wheels are a cast alloy and where pitted when the bike was bought some chipping and possibly corrosion from salty sea side environment.

Got a lot of the dirt off and tried to dremmel the rest but just could not get them to look new, please see the pic below.

I'd imagine that they probably need to be sand blasted to bring up the finish.

I did get a price from a official source but it was nearly a 1000 which sounds expensive, wondering if somewhere that fixes car alloys could also fix these.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

this crowd might do it! they certenly do a lot with harleys anyway! give em a ring!

tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

Like you said, you could get them cleaned then powder coat them silver. It'll probably be a far more durable solution that the Harly finish.

There is a company in Carlow I dealt with before that did lots of m/c work. Cant remember their name, something like Technical Coatings ltd or similar.

Another would be:

www.gleedee.ie/

Advertisement