Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC results!!!!

Options
  • 15-09-2004 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

post 'em here. hope ya all got what you wanted...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

A's
    English
    Maths
    Science
    TG
    History
    B's
    Geography
    French
    CSPE
    Business
    C's
    Irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

english, maths, cspe, business = A
    history, geography, german, art (!), irish = B
    religion (pah!) = C

thinking of appealing irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

Well, you all did better than I did when I did the junior cert that is...
    I didnt even get an A in cspe or religion.
    And I was thinking of appealing the B I got in maths, cos I was told I was a shoe in for an A, but I dont think its really that important...
    It seems to be more trouble than its worth.
    If it bothers you that much, then go ahead, I'm just saying that good or bad, the Junior Cert results dont make a difference, except for they're a gauge of what level you're at. If you know you should've done better in certain subjects, then there shouldn't be a need for a re-check.

Then again, its nice to be told that you're great... In fact, disreguard this message, I'm just bored and typing bollocks so...

What're you still reading this for?? you're wasting valuable celebrating time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

As...english, maths, hist, geog, business, german, science, home ec, cspe
    Bs...irish

thing is, I know I've done better than that in irish. apparently there are a few from my school alone unhappy with their irish results. and I'm one of them, it was one of the only subjects I knew I did well in, and now its just a glitch.
    I'm so getting a recheck.

arrrgggh, i'm so annoyed.

*punches wall*....owwwww...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

A's in English, History(?), French, Art, Science, Home Ec and CSPE
    B's in Irish (woo!), Maths and Geography.

I'm so unbelievably happy right now! Oh yeah!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 briandarezmuter

a's: irish, english, maths, french, german, business studies, science, history, geography, c.s.p.e.

couldn't be happier- literally!!

Did no one else lose all will to do well before they started studying, and consequentially not ever study, and get bad results like I did?

You dont have to post your results, but at least give me a bit of a shout to let me know I'm not alone...

please?

...hello?...

*'hello' echos back sevral times*

ah nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

a's: irish, english, maths, french, german, business studies, science, history, geography, c.s.p.e.

couldn't be happier- literally!!

I shall, hopefully have the same amount of As as you do once my irish is rechecked. I'm almost 100% certain I got an A in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Ok, seriously what are they feeding you kids these days? In my school there were 5 people out of 64 in the country that got all A's, there were loads of people I know that got 9A's and a B or similar and a friend's brother got 8A's and 3B's (not sure why he had 11 subjects).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Congratulations peoples. That'll be me in a year... arph.
    What be TG? o.o

Oh and I pity anyone who had to do religion. Thankfully I'm not going to have to do it, otherwise it'd drag me waaay down.
    It's against my religion to study religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

a's- irish, english, maths, french, tech graphics, woodwork, cspe, business studies, science.

b in music arrrghhh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭snuffles

TG is Technical Graphics, Steph.

And, whoa, you lot did well! Congratulations and welcome to the other side of the Junior Cert!
    Unfortunately, the JC means feck all once you hit fifth year. Teachers really do get you worked up about nothing...

Ahh, all is clear.
    Curse my school with its blatant lack of subject choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

11 as; english, irish, maths, spanish, german, science, c.s.p.e., religion, history, geography, art

No idea how i did it, i'm still expecting to get a phone call explaining the mix up

Woah!
    Didn't like.. only 5 people in the country get 11 As?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

Yup, but that's cos almost nobody did 11 subjects. I mean, 2 of the others are in my year.

Still, that's pretty dayamn cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭emptyspoon

Hehe, i feel so happy for everybody! :D
    Also feel a bit left out because I gots no nice little letters telling me how great I am...

But all's great anyways! :D

Oh I forgot to say, Congratulations to everybody! Thats also from Emma Dore-Hogan, aka La Guitarra! :D

You crazy kids... I got 9 A's and a B in my junior 2 years ago and ye are actually making me feel slightly bad about it. Cursed brain making me always feel inadequate...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

pinkpimp wrote:
    Did no one else lose all will to do well before they started studying, and consequentially not ever study, and get bad results like I did?
    Yeah, that happened to me. Plus, some naught people told me "sure, it's only the Junior, it doesn't matter." They were right, but still, I'm screwed for the leaving now

• Advertisement

yaaay. someone to relate to. for me it was like, 'im gonna study when i go back' every holiday till about easter when i was like, '**** it, whats the point when i can play football with my 4th and 5th year mates?' yaay for being screwed for the old LC!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

omfg.......fecking smart ctyi people with there ooh so many A's.
    I'm with u there Colm(pinkpimp) yea i didnt really study........but i stayed at home the whole time trying to but its just so hard when ur not motivated. BUt then i learned the secret....."hey kids the junior Cert is a load of **** and that was so last year. So now start sttudying ur asses off for the Leaving Cert which isent a joke"(basically the 5th year opening speech)

This could be me being jealous of my really non-ctyi results. 2a's 3b's 5c's
    ANd trying to console me self...or me just being true. whichever is ok with me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I got 8b's and a c way back when. fun times. i believe we spent our year finding new and ingenious ways to sneak out of the school when we shoulda been doing pe (note: wading through a river is stupid, very stupid.)

crash_000 wrote:
    I got 8b's and a c way back when. fun times. i believe we spent our year finding new and ingenious ways to sneak out of the school when we shoulda been doing pe (note: wading through a river is stupid, very stupid.)
    Especially in riding boots. It once took me a month to get my boots completely dry...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

All these good results make me wish I tried... almost.
    For me:
    A's:
    Science
    CSPE
    Latin

B's:
    Irish
    Maths
    Geography
    French
    Business

C's:
    History
    English

Personally I won't be appealing any. I don't see the point. I'm happy with mine anyway! Pity about my celebration plans blowing up in my face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'm not gonna appeal any either. Was gonna, but then I thought "****it. who cares about the JC anyway"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Does nobody do the goood old "6 As 5Bs" thing anymore? It's SO much easier than counting all the feckin' subjects in a list!.. For those of you who care, I'll post on behalf of me wee sister, who doesn't use boards, Rosie Plunkett. She got 9As and a B (the B was in math, the As were eng, iri, french, business, hist, geo, science, home ec, cspe)

Well done to all of you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

It may be easier but we want to see in what ways we're better than other people :eek: and also to show how we are better than them :p . It's kinda like kicking you when your down :( , it's not nice but it's temptingly easy :D .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Christ, I got 2 As and various Bs and Cs (granted, this was back in 2002 and I went straight from my woodwork exam to CTYI on the Tuesday)... still though, it hasn't made a damn bit of difference to me. I've had 4 jobs since then and none of them have ever looked at my results... crazy kids with your studying... well done to you all though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Hah, you're all geniuses with your 10 As and 1B. I only got 6 As (the rest of my JC results shall not be revealed). And I've turned out fine. </mediocrity complex>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement