Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC results!!!!

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

9Bs and a C way back when...

But in all fairness. Appeals? You should not be allowed to appeal. Or use calculators in maths for that matter. They're just making life easy on you kids these days. BAH.

You forget the JC as soon as you do it. Noone gives a flying toss about it nor will anyone ever have it on their CV (unless they're ridiculously short on material - in which case they probably wouldn't get the job anyway).

Go do some real exams, then consider appeals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

*starts feeling really weird about appealing irish result*

actually, no, I dont. I know i did better than a B in Irish so I'm getting it rechecked.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Do you people recheck your christmas and summer results also, when they don't suit you too?

Its not that it doesnt suit me, its that I KNOW I did better than that in Irish.
    and usually in summer and christmas exams, I've gotten what i deserved and I know because we tend to get our papers back from those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Don't waste good time and money, it's over... forget it... if it was the Leaving and you needed the extra 10 or 20 points to get your top choice or something then I'd understand but it's the feckin' Junior Cert., from here on: no one cares. That's right, NEWSFLASH: in 5th and 6th year NOBODY gives a damn what you got in your Junior Cert. because it will not affect your Leaving Cert. in any way, shape or form. If you appeal it and your B stands then I reserve the right to start personally insulting you and throw things at you.

And calculators being used in J.C. maths is just shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

seriously aoibheann get a recheck, almost everyone i know is thinking that the irish marking scheme was ****ed. one teacher is paying for his whole class to get their's rechecked. i was predicted an A in third year, got 81% in my mock, then studied superhard afterwards and i still didn't make my A. i even did the damn diospoireacht, ffs!!!!

Don't waste good time and money, it's over... forget it... if it was the Leaving and you needed the extra 10 or 20 points to get your top choice or something then I'd understand but it's the feckin' Junior Cert., from here on: no one cares. That's right, NEWSFLASH: in 5th and 6th year NOBODY gives a damn what you got in your Junior Cert. because it will not affect your Leaving Cert. in any way, shape or form. If you appeal it and your B stands then I reserve the right to start personally insulting you and throw things at you.

And calculators being used in J.C. maths is just shocking.

It actually doesnt waste money, if you turned out to be right and grade was improved, then you get the money back.
    and I do care. Why should I let them get away with screwing up?

seriously aoibheann get a recheck, almost everyone i know is thinking that the irish marking scheme was ****ed. one teacher is paying for his whole class to get their's rechecked. i was predicted an A in third year, got 81% in my mock, then studied superhard afterwards and i still didn't make my A. i even did the damn diospoireacht, ffs!!!!

thank you. finally someone agrees with me.
    apparently theres a few in my year that didnt get what was expected so the principal is looking into it.
    I'm definitely getting a recheck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

o...k... you say you know you did better... why didnt you get an A? and you know you got an A do you really care about whether the sheet of paper says you did?

rechecking is SUCH a waste of money on the JC, no one cares, its the JC!

god... i felt i did REALLY well when i was in school, but then i get home and all ye ctyi people with your 9 A's!!
    did i really read someone saying they were embarassed about "only" getting 6 A's???? only??? way to make me feel great man!

*sigh*

3 A's, 5 B's, 3 C's...

but boy did i have fun celebrating 'em....

doonothing wrote:
    o...k... you say you know you did better... why didnt you get an A? and you know you got an A do you really care about whether the sheet of paper says you did?

rechecking is SUCH a waste of money on the JC, no one cares, its the JC!

you get the money back if it turns out they were wrong.
    and why shouldnt I get it rechecked? It matters to me. I dont want them to get away with screwing up.
    excuse me for wanting to get what I deserve. my mistake, I didnt realise it wasnt allowed.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Bah!!! It's Only The Freakin' Junior!!!

*kills everyone*

I know its only the JC but its the principle of it for me.
    And also, I'm a perfectionist. not my fault.

and you're all making me feel like such an idiot for only trying to make sure I get the grade I know I really did get.
    Thanks a lot guys, way to make me feel better.

forgive me, your majesty... *bows*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 debbieip

am i the only ctyi person who got a d in sumthin???i got 8a's (french german geography history science maths cspe music) 3b's (latin religion irish) and 1d (english). im gonna repeal latin and irish.cos ya every1 in my skool thinks they werent corrected properly and im 2 scared 2 check english cos it mite go down and then ill fail

and you got 10 A's, god, is that not enough???? woah, sorry, im just after reading back over my posts, my tone sounds so damn angry, im being all sarcastic, sorry, i was all harsh........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

article6 wrote:
    I only got 6 As

*gasp*

ONLY??? 6 A's is excellent. I suppose you go to a fee-paying posh school. I don't and I got 4 A's, 4 B's a C and a D, which was considered excellent. The highest in my school this year was 8A 's.

I was more thrilled to pass honours maths (I failed the mocks and am incredibly bad at all things mathematical) than to get 4 A's, to be honest.

A boy I know, who doesn't go to my school got an A in honours maths. Did anyone else here get one in HL maths?

According to the statistics for maths; only 6 people in the country did.

14% failed pass maths and 2/7 failed foundation maths.

Maths is getting way ridiculously hard.

I am appealing my Irish result. I got a B. I got 75% in the mocks, and I missed questions because I ran out of time in that. I finished everything in the JC and found it so much easier. Im almost certain I am only 2 or 3% from an A and just got a screwy examiner. I don't care if you call me sad for appealing. I know its only the JC but I strongly believe I should have got an A and Im not letting some State Examinations ****ty employee screw me out of a deserved A.

debbieip wrote:
    am i the only ctyi person who got a d in sumthin???i got 8a's (french german geography history science maths cspe music) 3b's (latin religion irish) and 1d (english). im gonna repeal latin and irish.cos ya every1 in my skool thinks they werent corrected properly and im 2 scared 2 check english cos it mite go down and then ill fail

yeah, my principal said something about the irish not being properly corrected aswell. and thats the subject I'm appealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Got 7 As - Maths, French, Science, Geography, CSPE, English, Business
    2 Bs - Irish, Tech Drawin
    1 C - History grrr

A boy I know, who doesn't go to my school got an A in honours maths. Did anyone else here get one in HL maths?

According to the statistics for maths; only 6 people in the country did.

I am appealing my Irish result. I got a B. I got 75% in the mocks, and I missed questions because I ran out of time in that. I finished everything in the JC and found it so much easier. Im almost certain I am only 2 or 3% from an A and just got a screwy examiner. I don't care if you call me sad for appealing. I know its only the JC but I strongly believe I should have got an A and Im not letting some State Examinations ****ty employee screw me out of a deserved A.

yup, I did. so did my friend.
    same as you for irish, I got like 79% in the mocks but did way better in the JC itself. and i agree with what you're saying on it aswell, dont let them away with it, I'm definitely not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Maths is getting way ridiculously hard.

You use CALCULATORS. The exam has been dumbed down. Try doing a paper from 1990 and see what a hard exam is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Not for a lot of things.

If its dumbed down..then how do you explain the ridiculously high failure rate which keeps rising every year?

I did a lot of the maths without calculator, as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I gotta agree, although I have no experience of old papers or anything.

Maths is fairly easy. But so many people from my honours class have dropped out they're pushing people from the pass class into foundation. =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

The population is getting stupider?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Not for a lot of things.

If its dumbed down..then how do you explain the ridiculously high failure rate which keeps rising every year?
    People are getting stupider/lazier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 debbieip

hey r u sayin only 6 ppl in the whole of ireland got an a in honours maths???(id quote but i dont no how)cos i did and so did 7 ppl in my class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 La Guitarra

Well done Debbie! You did so brilliantly, go u!! Oh , and thank you for the half day you gave us tomorrow too
    (This is Emma, by the way) :p
    Was talking to your little sister today, she is really cute :)
    Congratulations to everyone else too, ye all did great

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Do what you want if you want to get a recheck then go ahead. I just don't care about the JC nearly enough to be bothered. And 9 people in my class alone got an A in Honours maths so that statistic seems a might dodgy to me. Funny though, in a year of 79 guys, noone got an A in English, pass or honours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

yeah, and i know a couple people that got an a in higher level maths, so i really dont think that's true :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement