Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC results!!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 debbieip

heya emma!!!ya us fourth yrs did so well we gave ye a half day.and i thought id say that my sis is not cute.shes annoyin and bitchy and....well all the bad adjectives u can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

debbieip wrote:
    hey r u sayin only 6 ppl in the whole of ireland got an a in honours maths???(id quote but i dont no how)cos i did and so did 7 ppl in my class

hey hey hey, Im just quoting statistics I heard, I doubted that one a lot, it really can't be true. The other national statistics though, are very much beleivable, and shocking.

only 3 people in my year got an A in CSPE. Out of 143 people! I got an A in that.

And in History too. 7 got A's, including me. No one got an A in HL French.(in my year) I got a B.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Heya Emma!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 La Guitarra

Heya Liz! How r u? Any news? :p love u

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

I got a B in geog, irish and french. everything else was an A. All higher level :D
    and they say cram studying doesn't work. THE FOOLS! I started two weeks before the exam and i did fine!

Only 6 people got an A in honours maths? They must of got the statistics wrong coz that paper was EASY! I had time to do it twice and still manage to get some good daydreaming crammed in.

Em, congrats everybody!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

Hey corruptedmorals, what part of kildare are you in? I'm stuck in Celbridge :mad: I hate this bog... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I got a B in geog, irish and french. everything else was an A. All higher level :D
    and they say cram studying doesn't work. THE FOOLS! I started two weeks before the exam and i did fine!
    Only 6 people got an A in honours maths? They must of got the statistics wrong coz that paper was EASY! I had time to do it twice and still manage to get some good daydreaming crammed in.

Em, congrats everybody!

I didnt actually study until the night before each exam. I guess I was lucky the things I actually studied came up and that I'm able to remember things I never actually learned....

The maths was pretty easy, I had ages left at the end like yourself. I spent it rechecking the paper over and over. and then daydreaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Raphael wrote:
    The population is getting stupider?
    Not the population in general. Just the kids. For proof, look at the newer posters on this board. QED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Damn....thats pretty conclusive.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

We've known that the population is getting stupider for a long time. It's called the Theory of Little Brothers. Do the logic yourself.

And to the poster who thought I went to a posh fee-paying school... I haven't laughed as much for a long time. Look out for my twice-yearly rants on privelige in the education system on this very board, and separate the facts from the bitterness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Not the population in general. Just the kids. For proof, look at the newer posters on this board. QED
    I resent that. Insert a "some of" or I may become offended.

Seconded.
    actually, I wouldn't be really offended seeing as I dont have a clue who the person who actually called the newer posters stupid is. but still, being called stupid isn't all that nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Sorry, let me rephrase that:
    "Not the population in general. Just the kids. For proof, look at the majority of the newer posters on this board. QED"

Attending that fee paying posh school must be going to my head :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Attending that fee paying posh school must be going to my head :D

As if it needed any more, uh, going-to... darned no-good free education

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

What if i call all of you stupid? what'll yez do then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Threaten to beat you up, using poor sentance structure?

ah yes. anyway, back on topic with you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

meanwhile, on topic, can you say "the kids are getting stupider and the exams are getting easier?"... I mean who ever dreamed of JC math with a calculator? and half of the theorems have been cut. it's awful! bring back real exams!

hey we're not all getting stupider. I mean I did loads of my maths without a calculator, as much as was possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

I mean I did loads of my maths without a calculator, as much as was possible.

i know ya did you mentioned that earlier... well done for that, but in general...

• Advertisement

Plunky wrote:
    i know ya did you mentioned that earlier... well done for that, but in general...

I know. Just reiterating in case anyone didnt see.
    anyway, the maths was a doss. seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

here are my (****) results:
    A:
    Science
    CSPE

B:
    Maths
    French
    Religion
    T.G (funny i dont recall many of my classes in TG since first year)
    English
    Geography
    Business

C:
    History (ill blame that on getting the **** kicked out of me 2 minutes previously)

D:
    Irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I didnt actually study until the night before each exam. I guess I was lucky the things I actually studied came up and that I'm able to remember things I never actually learned....

The maths was pretty easy, I had ages left at the end like yourself. I spent it rechecking the paper over and over. and then daydreaming.
    Bollocks. Pure and simple bollocks. You did well, now admit you did the hard work to get you there. People do not, I repeat, do not sail into exams with one night of study and get an A. Fair play to you they are great grades but don't belittle the people who studied for weeks to get a C in pass Maths with your studied for one night bull****. If you got those grades with 1 nights study then you shouldn't even be in the education system... you should be in some sort of post-graduate incredibly smartanoid thing.

The Junior Cert. is not an easy examination to sit; it's not vicious like the American LSAT, and it does require quite a bit of learning-to-regurgitate rather than proactive thinking but it is not an easy examination. To all those who may read this (although likely not many) and have worked their asses off for the 5 Ds they need to get an apprenticeship or continue on to Leaving Cert. then I salute you for doing your damn best and giving it your best effort.

Oh, and for what it's worth I got an A in honours Maths and although I am mathematically minded I am not ashamed to say that I worked my ass off and deserved that grade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

i agree.
    i respect the kid in my year who worked ten times as much as i did to get As in foundation maths and irish than i respect people on this board getting all As (its a wonderful achievement but it comes naturally).
    the people here are all highly intelligent and the JC results on this board tells me nothing other than Aoibheann and others who got high scores have the ability to take in and regurgitate facts etc. when they desire.

i dont (for once) intend to offend anyone, but im just stating that the kid who works to get a C in a subject, and gets it has more ambition than some people ever will.

By the way congratulations to everyone who got through their junior certificate, it doesnt matter if its an A or a D as long as they are happy with their results.

Bollocks. Pure and simple bollocks. You did well, now admit you did the hard work to get you there. People do not, I repeat, do not sail into exams with one night of study and get an A. Fair play to you they are great grades but don't belittle the people who studied for weeks to get a C in pass Maths with your studied for one night bull****. If you got those grades with 1 nights study then you shouldn't even be in the education system... you should be in some sort of post-graduate incredibly smartanoid thing.

hey, I'm not proud of not studying but anyone that knows me would tell you I didnt study. Information just tends to seep into my mind in class because I find the most of my subjects interesting.
    I'm not belittling people who studied...fair play to them, I should have aswell. but I didnt. and I cant change that.

i dont (for once) intend to offend anyone, but im just stating that the kid who works to get a C in a subject, and gets it has more ambition than some people ever will.

I know what you mean.
    I'm really ambitious myself though, its just that I'm a lazy idiot.

Why should you have studied? You got the best grade you could in all but one of your subjects... what would studying have done?

Why should you have studied? You got the best grade you could in all but one of your subjects... what would studying have done?

I guess.
    but the irish should've been an A. it was one of my better subjects in the exams and I know I did better than a B. Hopefully the recheck will sort it.

Bollocks. Pure and simple bollocks. You did well, now admit you did the hard work to get you there. People do not, I repeat, do not sail into exams with one night of study and get an A

which would explain why i never ever got an A in a state exam actually.

I dont study. i do try but i get distracted or find excuses and thus never get any of it done. i do however have the enviable ability to sit in a class and soak up all the information given out. also i took all the subjects i had an intuitive leaning towards, which helped immensely. b2 in LC honours maths - my proudest moment. though i did want an a :p

[edit: Learn to quote. n0000000000000b ;) ]

• Advertisement

I guess.
    but the irish should've been an A. it was one of my better subjects in the exams and I know I did better than a B. Hopefully the recheck will sort it.
    Well, good luck and I hope you get the A although may I just ask you: what if it doesn't come back an A? What you *knew* will be wrong and you'll look like a gobdaw. I'd say just leave it be and get on with life. Regardless, good luck with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement