Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC results!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Well, good luck and I hope you get the A although may I just ask you: what if it doesn't come back an A? What you *knew* will be wrong and you'll look like a gobdaw. I'd say just leave it be and get on with life. Regardless, good luck with it.

I wouldnt get a recheck unless I knew I was right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 La Guitarra

hey guy, how r things? Congrats on doing so well, what did u do to celebrate? (This is Emma)
    Just wanted to say that i agree with what you and OrangeRhino said bout the exam. Who is OrangeRhino, do i know u?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Emma, Aoibheann and OrangeRhino are stating diametrically opposed views. You can't agree with both of them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I said to someone about a fee paying posh school, because they said "I only got 6 A's" because that kinda annoyed me. Way to make us 4 A's people feel bad.

And whoever wanted to know, celbridge person, I live in Leixlip. The Farend..not the hill.

I like Celbridge, I think its cool.

I agree with what some of you are saying about the people who worked flat out to scrape a pass in an honours subject. I studied everyday from before the mocks to the JC to scrape a pass in HL maths and I got a D and Im more thrilled with that than I am with 4A's because they didn't require near as much effort.

Apart from Art..I slaved for that and got an A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭abraham lincoln

pinkpimp wrote:
    Did no one else lose all will to do well before they started studying, and consequentially not ever study, and get bad results like I did?

yeah!!! i think from what people have posted here that i've become some what of the under achiever of ctyi j.c. doers this year. but no, you are most certinly not alone as a very layed back, bordering amazingly lazy person with no personal will power what so ever!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 La Guitarra

i didn't say i agreed with both of them, Aonghus, isn't it? i was agreeing with what guy and orangerhino said. Well done to you too, btw, u did great

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

I got 8 As (Maths, Science, CSPE, Religion, Geog, Music, Home Ec, Business) and 4 Bs (Irish, English, French, History). All in honours, woohoo!

Did most of ye only do 10 subjects?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

Hey Kate. congrats on your JC results
    i've got it all next summer and i really couldn't give a f**k. they only bad thing is it takes up some of my summer but i can look forward to Christmas without Christmas exams before it. teachers are panicing more than the students. my goegraphy teacher is freaking out cause we only have 2 geography classes a week which is plenty if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I know what you mean.
    I'm really ambitious myself though, its just that I'm a lazy idiot.

Lazy maybe, not an idiot by the looks of things.

Still tho i can well believe ya got those results without studying, coz i didnt get quite that good but close enough without studyin

And i think maths is somethin ya understand and cant really be studied for

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

No, you can. I shoud've. How I scraped a B is beyond me. I was expecting either a D or a fail. I really wouldn't bother appealing. Like I got a C in history and I know I did better than that, but a long as I know then that's all that matters. I don't need a piece of paper to tell me I'm good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Kitsune

Did you all get your actual junior certificates (as opposed to the small pink results slip)? I saw the 5th years in my school with big shiney A4 sized certificates. I only got my one of those in the post during the summer.

we got A4 sized certs anyway. but they're just like crappy sheets of paper, I'm imagining it would crumple easily.

We got nothing. Boooooo-urns to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I got my A4 results sheet at the start of 5th year. Must've been lost in the post or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Mine magically appeared one day in the middle of 5th year in the living room...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Caoimhe wrote:
    Mine magically appeared one day in the middle of 5th year in the living room...
    Results to test have a habit of doing that

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

And whoever wanted to know, celbridge person, I live in Leixlip. The Farend..not the hill.

I like Celbridge, I think its cool.

you wouldn't happen to be Yazmin would you???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

you wouldn't happen to be Yazmin would you???

er, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

heheheheh i realyl hope That aoibheann fails to get her A in irish. As if 9 a's isn't enuf. Damn all u people with ur 10A's+. grrrrr
    (*laughs evily over and over again)

heheheheh i realyl hope That aoibheann fails to get her A in irish. As if 9 a's isn't enuf. Damn all u people with ur 10A's+. grrrrr
    (*laughs evily over and over again)

It is enough. But I'm not gonna let the examiner screw up with my result. I'd gladly take a B in almost any other subject, but I know I did better in irish than I did in most other subjects.thanks for being so nice though, wanting me to not get an A...
    (note: sarcasm)

• Advertisement

meh u still havent changed my mind. Teehee

I didnt expect I would change an idiots mind. I didnt want to either.
    Because what you think is usually the opposite of right.

rofl..sob sob me an idiot????
    nooooo. Uve obviously got the wrong guy!!

:D

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mkay....and anyway its too late to argue but feel free to post up again and ill reply asap. yawn.God i love argueying.

:eek: this is my eyes **** im tired.

I dont see why the hell you dont want me to get an A anyway. It just seems quite sad on your part.

oh well, thats your problem. not mine. deal with it.

And I thought the appealing was a tad sad....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭davethetrucker

i got 2 b's 5 c's and 2 d's. feckin dyslexia making me look bad in front of all the cool smart kid's. my dad was well unhappy 'cause back in the day he came 3rd in ireland with his jc and he went to the worst school ever there was no higher math teacher so he had to teach him self the whole course. my man bought me my cans which was well cool.

drop acid, not bombs!

p.s. any one into rock who lives in dublin or navan my band are starting to gig soon so watch out for "diamond plate". well prob be playin blast and manifest.

Raphael wrote:

And I thought the appealing was a tad sad....

I see no reason why appealing is anyway sad. Just because I'm not gonna let some idiots screw up doesnt make me sad.

• Advertisement

I feel its a waste of time. End of the day its your money, your choice, I consider it somewhat sad to be dwelling over them

But Forde.....now THAT is just pathetic
    *shakes head, sighing*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement