Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roll up, roll up, put your names down for the great modship giveaway!

Options
  • 15-09-2004 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Despite the farcical title, this thread is indeed quite serious.

Since this board is more-or-less an "unofficial" forum for IrelandOffline members, it has always been that mods should be impartial to a certain degree.

So obviously Moriarty and sceptre's joining of the committee represents a conflict of interests, and the committee have decided that it's best that they step down, and bring in some new blood.

As the remaining incumbent*, it's my duty to ask people who are interested to stick their names forward. Recommendations are fine too, but no-one will be put under any pressure should a member recommend them, and we (me and the committee) will still be considering people who neither step forward nor are recommended. You just might think of someone we haven't. :)

Ideally someone who has too much time on their hands, an interest in IOFFL, and few, if any, allegiences or personal interests** in irish telecoms.

*Thanks sceptre
    **Shares, employment, etc - those kind of personal interests. "I want broadband" is OK.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

As im no longer on the "kom i tay" I would be a neutral party if you will and hate most of the telcos with an equal passion :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Muck 4 Mod!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I second Ronan|Raven in his quest for world domination. ;)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I third Ronan|Raven.

That's another pint you owe me!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

gwan ronan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

As im no longer on the "kom i tay" I would be a neutral party if you will and hate most of the telcos with an equal passion :)

I heartily endorse this product or service, and also throw my name in the ring if you're looking for a second bod - I check the forum several times a day anyway - it'd be nice to have a excuse ;)
    dahamsta wrote:
    Muck 4 Mod!

I dunno - do you want him to be constrained by having to set a good example? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

I have the distinct impression that this forum is going to become a lot busier in the next while, so maybe we'll need some subs in case their needed. Just my own two cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I'll put my name forward to fill the void, if more suitable candidates aren't found.

.cg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I would like my name to go forward.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Folks,
    Just so you know. If you don't get appointed mod on this forum, IrelandOffline still needs volunteers for other projects and if you want to volunteer your time that way let us know by emailing info@irelandOffline.org

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Well, I'd like top put my name down!

My case for putting me as mod:
    • I only have 56K :(
    • That's because of Eircoms/Goverenments lack of bringing broadband to rural areas of the country :mad:
    • I will try and do my best to make sure this fourm does not get out of control(e.g. Obusive language, negative comments etc. :rolleyes:
    • And I'll always be on every day of the year to show how strongly I feel about the rollout of Broadband in Ireland! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

seamus wrote:
    As the remaining incumbent*, it's my duty to ask people who are interested to stick their names forward. Recommendations are fine too, but no-one will be put under any pressure should a member recommend them, and we (me and the committee) will still be considering people who neither step forward nor are recommended. You just might think of someone we haven't. :)
    It looks like you probably have enough volunteers, but I'm willing to help too, if you need any additional input.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I want 4 stars!! If that means being a mod I am willing to do it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

damien.m wrote:
    Folks,
    Just so you know. If you don't get appointed mod on this forum, IrelandOffline still needs volunteers for other projects and if you want to volunteer your time that way let us know by emailing info@irelandOffline.org
    Someone ban him for pimping :p

Pick me for the mod with the sense of humour!! I spend too much time on here anway :/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Pick me for the mod with the sense of humour!! I spend too much time on here anway :/

I'd ban him if I was mod. :D

As Ripwave said, looks like you have enough, but I'll register my interest anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

LMAO your nicked Damien :D

John

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I concur. Ronan|Raven would make a good mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

You've got my vote, payment in beer. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

damien.m wrote:
    I have the distinct impression that this forum is going to become a lot busier in the next while
    Bloody right!! I have to say I'm impressed with the change in this forum and in IrelandOffline's recent kick of life, a couple of months ago I used to check this forum every now and then but never regularaly but now I check in here a couple of times a day! There is lots of activity in here and lots of debate; I love reading about your media offensive against Eircom and the "press" releases everytime Eircom spout some rubbish. It warms the cockles of the heart :D

Good work IrelandOffline!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Not me

M

• Advertisement

Since no one has replied for at least nearly a day, I'm gonna put my anem down for the SECOND time(Just to show how so much I want to be a mod) and also to get the ball rolling again!

PLEASE PICK ME!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

No.

Muck wrote:
    Not me
    Spoilsport.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DonegalMan

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    Just to show how so much I want to be a mod
    JB if you really want to become a mod here (or on any forum, for that matter) then you need to establish some credibility and respect on the forum.

How many posts have you done on this forum? How are people supposed to judge whether you would make a good mod or not?

Try posting in some of the threads here and you might be considered next time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

DonegalMan wrote:
    JB if you really want to become a mod here (or on any forum, for that matter) then you need to establish some credibility and respect on the forum.

I second that motion. Moderators on this board have to be extremely watchful, it not your typical juvenile rants that cause the problems here, well OK sometimes it is, but more often it's adult, intelligent debate that leads off into the wilds of "We're going to sue and sue you good boy" territory.

Moderating this forum is not a task to be taken lightly and given the passions this forum inflates a moderator better be able to demonstrate some very level headedness especially when the smelly stuff hits the twirly thingy :D

John

jwt goes off to pick a fight with a troll armed with nothing more than a well reasoned argument, fine honed debating skills and the confidence of youth, well, not so youth. ..................... oh and a pnematic hammer drill and several pounds of tnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

jwt wrote:
    I second that motion. Moderators on this board have to be extremely watchful, it not your typical juvenile rants that cause the problems here, well OK sometimes it is, but more often it's adult, intelligent debate that leads off into the wilds of "We're going to sue and sue you good boy" territory.

Moderating this forum is not a task to be taken lightly and given the passions this forum inflates a moderator better be able to demonstrate some very level headedness especially when the smelly stuff hits the twirly thingy :D

John

jwt goes off to pick a fight with a troll armed with nothing more than a well reasoned argument, fine honed debating skills and the confidence of youth, well, not so youth. ..................... oh and a pnematic hammer drill and several pounds of tnt
    I agree, 100% with JWT!

jwt wrote:
    it not your typical juvenile rants that cause the problems here
    It IS! IS! IS! IS!

(Sorry, feeling juvenile the last few days.)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

I would like to be considered as a backup if needs be. I'm fairly impartial and am also known for carrying an iron fist around. ;)

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DonegalMan

dahamsta wrote:
    It IS! IS! IS! IS!

(Sorry, feeling juvenile the last few days.)

adam
    Be careful - you might get moderated !

:)

• Advertisement

DonegalMan wrote:

How many posts have you done on this forum? How are people supposed to judge whether you would make a good mod or not?

Try posting in some of the threads here and you might be considered next time around.

I'm all ashamed now. Gonna do what he says if I want to be mod!

Advertisement