Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Moving to Dublin

Options
  • 15-09-2004 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm moving to Dublin in a few weeks. I'm looking at a few places to move and just wondering if anyone can tell me what the areas are like.

Cabra/Phibsborough, Clonskeagh, Milltown, Inchicore.

Will be working in offices in Sandyford and North Circular Road. So any advice on buses would be great too.

Thnx :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Consider living at one end or the other, no sense in having a "must travel" situation all the time. Luas and busses 5, 11, 46B, 75, 114, 115, 116 serve Sandyford (I presume it's the industrial estate - you are a bit vague).

North Circular Road is a bit long, but is served by quite a few bus routes. Number 10 covers half of it.

Handy links
    http://www.luas.ie/
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/
    http://www.dto-journeyplanner.ie/dtojp/jsp/content/start.do

Cabra/Phibsborough - mixed old council housing and flatland, marginal scumbag factor
    Clonskeagh - pleasent suburbia, local facilities not great
    Milltown - pleasent suburbia, local facilities not great, handy for Luas
    Inchicore - mixed, definite scumbag factor, but out of your way - means multiple journeys every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Cork Exile wrote:
    Hi Folks,

I'm moving to Dublin in a few weeks. I'm looking at a few places to move and just wondering if anyone can tell me what the areas are like.

Cabra/Phibsborough, Clonskeagh, Milltown, Inchicore.

Will be working in offices in Sandyford and North Circular Road. So any advice on buses would be great too.

Thnx :D

Living in Milltown would make sense if you are working in Sandyford, but they are really at opposite sides of the city so you'd need a car. Ideally if it was changing day to day, you'd be better somewhere on the Luas route southbound from St. Stephen's Green and you could get direct to Sandyford without any hassle (and it would be nicer then the bus), and easy access to say a bus to get the NCR which does extend over a wide area.

Getting from Cabra, Phibsborough, Clonskeagh to Sandyford would not be a journey that I would want any day, you are looking at at least an hour to 1.5 hrs in the morning, although traffic can be light in the morning going south on N11. Inchicore is a bit off the track unless you are driving and eh, without stepping on anybody's toes, is a different climate compared to Milltown......can be a bit rough but people are friendly...

City Centre is best really to allow easy access to Sandyford south on Luas and somewhere easy to a bus route along NCR. Plenty of places in city but are a bit more expensive.

Advertisement