Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook Expree and IMAP

• 15-09-2004 1:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭

Folks,

is there any registry hack or piece of software that would allow the creation of rules within Outlook Express, to copy/move and or delete messages on IMAP folders. I understand that it is not the most efficient way of doing things, but it's something I need to have installed.

Cheers,

Hobart

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Here's a tip - don't bother trying Outlook instead (the one in office) with IMAP, because the support is minimal since M$ would rather you use Exchange. Even if you get it working and then you have to synchronise manually each time, the rules just don't work with outlook (office)

I know very little about Outlook Express, which is of course a totally different product to Outlook.

You could try using thunderbird or some other IMAP optimised client.

Advertisement