Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results?

Options
  • 15-09-2004 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭

I got myself 5 a's, 4b's and a c

Anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

4 a's five b's and a c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

4 a's, a b's a c and a d.

I don't go to a posh school...those grades are all honours though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I don't go to a posh school, some people I know got 9/10As couple years back though...

Just defending the dishonour of kipschools all over ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

our schools not exactly a kip, well, yes, yes it is....damn crazy old home-ec teachers!

It is written in the bathroom and on the bottom of a chair, and probably many other places in my school that "This School is a Kip" so it must be true.

Everything you read in random places is true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

The best results in our school this yers(of what I know0 was 2 A's(ordinary level) and 8Bs(Higher level) and that was form one guy! :eek:

Indeed it is. Especially chairs. Someone wrote Broken Hill Rule on a chair. (broken Hill are an uber-crap band in my area) and the next day it was changed to Broken Hillers drule.

You'd only get that if you understood the hillers/farenders thing in the Leixlip area....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

D isnt an honour, those are great results though CM. Told you you didn't fail maths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

when i got my results last year i had 4 honours 3 passes and 3 red honours!!
    The highest someone got in my school that year was all A's in all honours subjects!!

Raphael wrote:
    D isnt an honour, those are great results though CM. Told you you didn't fail maths

I know a D isn't..I meant all higher level subjects..y'know? We say honours for that in my school.

^ _ ^ thank you muchly, congratulations, yours are even better

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭chizzle dizzle

hey corruptedmorals,u no who i am!!! i no what u mean bout our school and da whole stuuff bout hiillers written on tables nd stuff."hiller hiller scum scum!!"its actually quite funny da way dats still goin on!i suppose no1 else has a clue what we r talkin bout!sorry!its a feud thing between up a hill nd down a hill!!xxxxx

Hey shizzle dizzle! <=== I can spell your name correctly, YOU can't, you muppet. Our schools not that bad..compared to the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Im not saying my results in case I sound big-headed, but I do think that kipschools (public schools for those of you who don't have the displeasure of knowing) cant be all that bad if the highest class in last years 3rd year (my year) got 57 As from the top 7 people.

Don't the Irish speaking schools always do really well in all those evil league table things? They're not fee paying.

Yeah, but they can get the "answer through irish" bonus......bastards

Actually, what that is is they get 10% of the points they didn't get, so it helps the weaker students and less so the stronger. More of an averaging thing than an actual... bettering thing.

Well at least that's what someone told me... who goes to one of those schools.

Still an increase in marks

A slight one, true... but then again.. it IS in Irish, so it's harder. Kinda evens it out?

Not if you speak irish. People in the gaeltacht for instance, they'll all be fluent

Ah yes but I'm thinking of Coláiste íosagáin and the other one, which are in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

My lil bro got 3 As and 6 Bs. The swat! :D He's still not happy with his results though. Dunno why? :confused: He told me he could have done alot better if he hadnt had a cold at the time and if he hadnt sprained his right thumb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭coconutmonkey

A girl in the year above me got something like 9 A's and a B! Her mum's my maths teacher though, and her dad is another maths teacher in the school. It'd be great if she failed maths! I wonder would her parents disown her?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Her mum's my maths teacher though, and her dad is another maths teacher in the school. It'd be great if she failed maths! I wonder would her parents disown her?

Imagine how embarrassing that would be for her! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

originally posted by coconutmonkey
    A girl in the year above me got something like 9 A's and a B! Her mum's my maths teacher though, and her dad is another maths teacher in the school. It'd be great if she failed maths! I wonder would her parents disown her
    Why would it be great if she failed maths? Just because she has two parents who are maths teachers doesn't mean she doesn't deserve it... unless the mother is a bitch? :)

Is it true that there will be league tables for the junior cert published? Btw I have a friend who got 11 As and a B!! I think he is also in a public school. I was told by my school principal that a result like that would be in the top 5 results nationwide this year

Advertisement