Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RCSI.....Any1 going there?

Options
  • 15-09-2004 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

Ok I know it's a small college but I've only met 1 person going there. THere has to be more than that?? If you're going what you studying??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I'm not going there myself, but was in the Institute last year and it seems all the students from the middle east are heading to RCSI.
    You'll pick up arabic in no time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I know, I'm gonna find myself a rich husband :) lol. Irish ppl go too though! Either they're v shy or haven't discovered boards yet

Yeah I'd say you'll find a few Irish people around, unless they decide to fit in they'll hit the sun beds and either grow a beard(guys...maybe the very odd girl) or put one of those hoods on(girls...maybe the very odd guy).
    But in fairness to the arabs, they're LOADED and they're also paying huge fees to go there I hear.

Lol I better or I'll feel very left out!! Maybe Trinity would have been better option after all! Yeah they are, nearly 15000 a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

Hi, I was just thinking about this, maybe we will find rich husbands lol :D but afaik they're all doing medicine. From what I've heard it's mostly Irish with a few Australians in Pharmacy. And no no, we're definitely better off in RCSI, as well as the rich arabs, there's the "free" laptop, what more could you want? :)

• Advertisement

gnu wrote:
    Hi, I was just thinking about this, maybe we will find rich husbands lol :D but afaik they're all doing medicine. From what I've heard it's mostly Irish with a few Australians in Pharmacy. And no no, we're definitely better off in RCSI, as well as the rich arabs, there's the "free" laptop, what more could you want? :)

I'm sure we can mingle with the medicine crowd ;) Ooo I like the aussie accent, shud be fun! True and we dont have to do maths!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Great location anyway

Repli wrote:
    Great location anyway

What you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i think he means the college is located in a good part of town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Yes thats what I mean :P

• Advertisement

Ah ok, thats what I thought you meant but its basically same part of town as trinity

Trinitys in a good position! Saying that though, I spent the last two years making my way in and out of town each day and now I can barely stand going in for anything except nights out.

I'll have it for at least 4. Don't think I'll mind though, I can genereally just get lost in a book for the 40 mins, luckily!

afaik we get statistics which I always hated in maths. Hope it's not too hard

Lol I skipped statistics and concentrated on everything else which now doesnt seem like such a good idea! Oh well

I did the same! Maybe if we're lucky it'll just be learning how to make software do all the work for us :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 wrp

I'm headin up to do Pharmacy as well. One of my friends went up last year and said it's v easy to make friends because its so small. She also said that the Pharmacy class is usually mostly girls so looks like we'll be fighting over the Australians...
    Btw I take it everyone in RCSI gatecrashes Trinity Freshers week, yeah?

ooo someone else from surgeons. yeah I knew it was mostly female. We'll just have to transfer our affections to the young doctors ;) Possibly some do but I'll be avoiding it like the plague! According to student union we have our own one so I'd rather get to know ppl who'll be in RCSI

Oh have we got our own freshers week? I thought we had the orientation day and that was it. Cool though, now there's two freshers weeks to cruise for freebies. Where do you get the info on freshers weeks and timetables etc? Even when I went up to RCSI all i could find was a booklet with two pages on pharmacy, they seem to like keeping us in the dark about what we're gonna be doin for the next year.

wrp wrote:
    Oh have we got our own freshers week? I thought we had the orientation day and that was it. Cool though, now there's two freshers weeks to cruise for freebies. Where do you get the info on freshers weeks and timetables etc? Even when I went up to RCSI all i could find was a booklet with two pages on pharmacy, they seem to like keeping us in the dark about what we're gonna be doin for the next year.

I think we find all that out on orientation day. the programme for it mentioned it neways didnt it? RCSI must have the most unfriendly and unhelpful admissions staff ever! Don't think any1 knows any details beyond bare minimum. Should have seen the grief gnu and I had trying to get the right handbook. I think we're just sposed to turn up and find out then :confused:

• Advertisement

wrp wrote:

Hi wrp, yeah as far as I know we have our own fresher's week, hope there's a few freebies all right, I went to Trinity before and all we seemed to get was Pot Noodle and Dove soap, but still ... they were free!
    And about the info ... good luck to you and if you find out anything would you please let Angeldelight and me know cos admissions are useless! :rolleyes:
    Oh I did find a bit on the website w/ info about the clubs etc, you probably already saw it. Some bits are blank but a few have some info.
    http://www.rcsi.ie/medical_school/Student_Life/Clubs_Societies/index.asp?id=1405&pid=736&jid=45&jpid=1405

yeha i found that out bout hte clubs last night, meant to paste the link lol sorry. gourmet society sounds like fun, and the ballromm dancing...v posh!

Mmmm, yes I'm up for the gourmet and prob the film soc as well. They all sound very civilised, don't they?

They do indeed! Pot Luck evenings for the gourmet society sound like fun. hope I don't poison everyone with my cooking lol. Did you know about the Winter Ball?

Wow, can you cook? My plan is to offer to "help" someone else for the pot luck thingy. I can do an ok spag bol but that's about it :)
    And no, what's the winter ball? I figured there might be some kind of Christmas do, is it a posh Christmas party where we get to meet our rich husbands lol

Lol I can't really but could manage some fish fingers :) I can't remember where I found it on the website. Yeah it's in Citywest, formal ball :) am gonna go to all ballroom dancing lessons b4 hand so I can impress an arab prince or two

Fish fingers will do nicely :)
    Must to a search for info on the ball. Yes, learn to dance first then nab some really rich prince to pay for the free laptop. Or maybe impress one these cute Australians that admissions promised us lol

Pot luck evening? Fantastic. So all you need to do is go to Trinity, get some free Pot Noodle and your work is done. And whats this about a Winter Ball, they just mentioned it in passing under the photography club bit? Also I found something which says we're issued timetables on the 5th, which means showing up on Tuesday morning and standing round like a lemon until someone tells you where to go...I foresee roughly 200 first years all playing with their phones in a defensive I-don't-care-if-I'm-alone pose.

wrp wrote:
    Pot luck evening? Fantastic. So all you need to do is go to Trinity, get some free Pot Noodle and your work is done. And whats this about a Winter Ball, they just mentioned it in passing under the photography club bit? Also I found something which says we're issued timetables on the 5th, which means showing up on Tuesday morning and standing round like a lemon until someone tells you where to go...I foresee roughly 200 first years all playing with their phones in a defensive I-don't-care-if-I'm-alone pose.

Lol good point. Yeah I had that thought about the urgently texting someone we're all gonna be doing. wish I was confident enough not to but there ya go :)

• Advertisement

Good thinking, Pot Noodles all round then. Few fish fingers on the side and you've almost got a balanced meal :)
    That's so crap that we don't get timetables till the 5th, whose bright idea was that, I wonder?
    I was in town and passed by the college today and they seem to be still building/renovating the new bit that we're meant to be in ... could be interesting doing labs in a building site!

Advertisement