Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mach Three Blades

• 15-09-2004 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

I have just noticed the price of Mach Three Blades as I left my Job a few months back and am now broke. 19 euro for 8 blades. Bit of a rip off. Does anyone know how much they cost in countries like Spain etc. Can they be imported and sold online at a cheaper price. Might set up a site myself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 wysel2003

yeah they are an absolute rip-off ur best bet is trying to distract a dopey group 4 security guard with a fiver so he wont look when ur pilfering the life out of boots.... but on a serious note i was on e-bay and there still expensive but there selling in bulk u might be able to get some off this guy if u mail him nicely and ask him to post over here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11856&item=5519984923&rd=1

anyway good look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

And when you get them , here's a free sample offer of shaving oil and gel

http://www.shave.com/store/docs/free.stm?sid=QUifLcZBZnAAABwp7ak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

have any of you tried the blades in LIDL... really cheap, comes with razor and 20 blades. I use them with the gel from there no problem. they are insanely cheap at like 3 or 4 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Mach3 Blades or just Lidl-noname blades?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭foxirl

wysel2003 wrote:
    yeah they are an absolute rip-off ur best bet is trying to distract a dopey group 4 security guard with a fiver so he wont look when ur pilfering the life out of boots.... but on a serious note i was on e-bay and there still expensive but there selling in bulk u might be able to get some off this guy if u mail him nicely and ask him to post over here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11856&item=5519984923&rd=1

anyway good look

Thanks for this. I think I need to find some where that can provide me with bulk amounts as I want to set up a site where Irish people can buy these blades and other stuff at a reasonable price. People in Ireland are already being ripped off everyday with the price of Drink, Food etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Bri wrote:
    Mach3 Blades or just Lidl-noname blades?
    Bog standard twin blade swivel head with lubricating strip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

yankinlk wrote:
    have any of you tried the blades in LIDL... really cheap, comes with razor and 20 blades. I use them with the gel from there no problem. they are insanely cheap at like 3 or 4 euro.
    I have tried these, they're crap. I don't have sensitive skin or anything so usually anything will do, but these just hurt. I wouldn't recommend them, unless you're not too bothered and are broke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭madramor

Mach3 8pk in tesco

Only 50% for mach3 blades made, make it to shelves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

madramor wrote:
    Only 50% for mach3 blades made, make it to shelves
    You fecking what?
    Bloody rip off they are anyhow. After I run out of my current batch I'll be looking for a cheap alternative.
    Never looked into an electric razor yet so maybe now's a good time to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Akula

Tesco's own brand one. Their top of the line one is quite good. Blade quality seems to be very varied... some last a while, others go very quickly.

How many shaves do people find their blades lasting?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I could get proberly about 20-30 shaves out of mine

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Thats with mack 3's now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Lenny wrote:
    I could get proberly about 20-30 shaves out of mine

Would you be about 17 ?
    Seriously 20 shaves?

I get 7- 10 from my mach3, or 3 from a disposable twinblade.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

I agree with the 20 - 30 shaves from the Mach 3. I use it with the total shaving solution. I shave in the shower its the best way that I have used put the solution on wait about a minute and then shave away. The lubracating strip is generally a distant memory by the time I throw these blades away.

Is there an online site for Mach 3 blades ??

C

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Would you be about 17 ?
    Seriously 20 shaves?

I get 7- 10 from my mach3, or 3 from a disposable twinblade.

X

Eh...If you're shaving every day, i.e. very little stubble, you'd get 20 shaves out of one no bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,654 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Eh...If you're shaving every day, i.e. very little stubble, you'd get 20 shaves out of one no bother.

Obviously depends per person. In the shower (shaving every day) I get 7 shaves out of a Mach3, but the last 4 are not good and the last one is bad (painful and not a clean shave). So if I could afford it, I would go only 3 days...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I use them for bout 4 shaves then they're in the bin , and the last shave isn't great. Its not so bad as I only shave twice a week. cant imagine using one for 20 to 30 shaves :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I use Mach 3 and get about 3 weeks out of each blade. Though I don't always shave everyday, maybe 4-5 times per week, so I guess I get about 15 shaves out of each one. 8 blades generally last me 6 months so it's not too bad, but it is pricey for what you're getting. I've been using the King of shaves solution for a year and a half now and it's only my second bottle, quite good value for money there compared to shave gel/cream.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Akula wrote:
    Tesco's own brand one. Their top of the line one is quite good. Blade quality seems to be very varied... some last a while, others go very quickly.

How many shaves do people find their blades lasting?

I found the tesco ones pretty poor, after 2 or 3 shaves they started cutting me to bits, I think they warp really easily or something. Even with cheapo disposables I'd get 4 or 5 shaves no bother without using any gel or oil or anything. Mach 3s generally last me at least 50 or 60 times, that's with gel and hot water though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

jor el wrote:
    I have tried these, they're crap. I don't have sensitive skin or anything so usually anything will do, but these just hurt. I wouldn't recommend them, unless you're not too bothered and are broke.

yer all big girls blouses. id use a bowie knife to shave and a frying pan for a mirror if it meant i could save money.

the lidl razors are grand - especially if you need to shave every day for work. Now i know why i see so many unshaven people walking around - sissys that ran out of expensive blades with lube strips afraid to be real men and shave with butter knives.

its true men are the new women.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

I get max 3 shaves from mach 3, the third one is very sore too. I got a dark beard but only 20. 20 to 30 shaves is unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

i didnt know this thread was called how many times a week do i shave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Chevano Riley

mach 3 blades were the most shoplifted item of 2003 i rememmber reading. duracell AA were 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

shabbyroad wrote:

Not much when they charge $14 delivery.

Try getting them in Newry, see post.

Viking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

foxirl wrote:
    I have just noticed the price of Mach Three Blades as I left my Job a few months back and am now broke. 19 euro for 8 blades. Bit of a rip off. Does anyone know how much they cost in countries like Spain etc. Can they be imported and sold online at a cheaper price. Might set up a site myself.

If you need some help with this, once you've found a source, let me know.

Advertisement