Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry Is A Berk - And Will Be A Loser Too!

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Cork wrote:
    Bush is a disaster on forign policy and on the US economy.

It is up to Kerry to expose these failings.

Kerry has got to convince the electorate - that he is a safe fair of hands.

He has yet to do this. We have still not hit Labour Day. He has time but he needs to get his act together.

gunning for Fianna Fail, yourself Cork? :D

There are plenty of aspects to this race which will still shake things up. Kerry is finally getting more hard-hitting in his attacks, hopefully he can turn that energy into votes.
    With the Afghan elections on the way, and the Iraq issue unravelling more and more every day there is a lot of potential for Bush to lose his supporters on the Foreign Policies side, and thats the main strength of the Republican party.
    If Kerry can help hack at that, and prove that he can do better (rather than tell us what he did do decades ago) while similtaniously showing the state of the economy and his plan to fix it, he may still get it.

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

xm15e3 wrote:
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,131319,00.htmlThe investigation just started a couple weeks ago. There isn't a conclusion yet.

Ho hum
    "Our examination found that existing documentation regarding the Silver Star, Bronze Star and Purple Heart medals indicates the awards approval process was properly followed," Route wrote in the memo sent Friday to Navy Secretary Gordon England.

"In particular, the senior officers who awarded the medals were properly delegated authority to do so. In addition, we found that they correctly followed the procedures in place at the time for approving these awards."

From: http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/09/18/kerry.medals.ap/index.html

Next?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

xm15e3 - it is a widely accepted fact that fox news are basically right wing propaganda.... they have been shown on numerous occasions to be lying, and outrightly twisting the facts, not only that but you can see their blatent attitude in any interviews, or shows such as the o'riely factor or hannity and colmes...

off course someone who is blinded by their propaganda would have a hard time realising this...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

pete wrote:
    Next?

:)

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6022115/
    Judge orders all Bush records released
    Pentagon must hand over documents by Sept. 24

The Associated Press
    Updated: 5:40 p.m. ET Sept. 16, 2004

WASHINGTON - A federal judge has ordered the Pentagon to find and make public by next week any unreleased files about President Bush’s Vietnam-era Air National Guard service to resolve a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit filed by The Associated Press.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

xm15e3 wrote:

I think Lieberman could have won, but he had no chance to win the primary. He's a good, principled liberal. I disagree with him, but I have to respect him.

Blaming Columbine on Marylin Manson...good? principled? liberal?
    Has the CBS forgery (national gaurd memo) gotten any air time in Ireland?

Has the connections between Karl Rove and Swift Boat Veterans got any airtime in America?
    http://www.fair.org/activism/cbs-memos-knox.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Sand wrote:
    Yep - I mean we re-elected Bertie. What sort of morons are we eh? :D

ACH!! You beat me to it.

Memnoch wrote:
    xm15e3 - it is a widely accepted fact that fox news are basically right wing propaganda.... they have been shown on numerous occasions to be lying, and outrightly twisting the facts, not only that but you can see their blatent attitude in any interviews, or shows such as the o'riely factor or hannity and colmes...

off course someone who is blinded by their propaganda would have a hard time realising this...

During the DNC when carter was lambasting Bush they cut to their commentators while all the others stayed with the live coverage.
    This morning they had a phone in on election 2004.
    The first 3 callers were Bush fanatics, all of which were spoken to and carefully supported by the breakfast crew on Air, However the fouth and last caller started to speak in nasty anti Bush tongue....
    That was the fastest cut to an add break I saw in a while.
    The producer was probably sent to casualty with a broken finger...

Fox news in it's current form is so biased, it's like an American version of Radio Moscow during the Breznev years.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Fox News - the best reason in the world to not ban hunting....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I rarely look at:

www.freerepublic.com

But some of that stuff is OTT. (I don't contribute).

But Kerry should not blame the media - He has nothing to loose and he should go for it.

He needs to start engaging with the electorate. The US has a big budget deficit. The War in Iraq. Kerry needs to stamp his message on the election.

Advertisement