Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom's FWA

• 15-09-2004 4:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

A quick question... does anyone have any information on the geographic coverage of Eircom's FWA product ? I tried asking Eircom but the person I was tlaking to did not have any information on this.

Thanks

M.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Ive had many convos with eircom i.e pamela pouch about fwa, however it seems its only available in areas that currenlty have a dsl enabled exchange, reason being is unknown, but id say it would have something to do with the 30% of line rate failing, so basicaly eircom could increase the amount of people that could recieve bb ex wires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

Blitz,

thanks for the reply, do you have a contact number of this lady as I'd like to find out more about the product, since my exchange has been upgraded but I cannot get DSL.

Thanks

M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

pm me your phone number and I shall check if its available to you

ring FWA Sales and just ask to speak with The Manager i.e Pamela

Hi Guru,

your profile does not allow me to email you,

Thanks

M.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

that would be ppouch@eircom.ie , a coverage map or list of sites is what is required here.

A site can do out to about 7-10km , 15km in 'Bog Of Allen' conditions .

The FWA is 512/64 , expensive to install but uncapped.

M

Is the kit Eircom use for this service LOS or non-LOS ?

Thanks

M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Its this kit.

http://www.airspan.com/

The 3000 family IIRC

M

Hi Muck,

is this the kit that EIrcom use ?

AS3030 Wireless IP High Capacity Point to Point System

Thanks

M.

i would have it if i had Line of Sight but i dont so i dont have it :(

i posted a link to a ppt document which has her email and phone number in it somewhere before under Satband and FWA i think..

acctully just looking over the technology profile, 10K NLOS and 80K LOS, im not line of sight and im 7 k away from their tower.... so whats the deal there? why wont they give it to me (asides them being a shower of scabbs)

• Advertisement

Hi Blitz,

I had a look at the ppt file and it states there that the FWA offering is LOS. Eircom seem to have some kind of GIS system which they check to see if you can get the FWA product.

Did you see the article about the NMK upgrade in the Bray People this week ? It'd make you want to puke as it implies that DSL is now available to all NMK users, which off course it isn't as I can readily testify.

M.

Advertisement