Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleepy, Jank, BazH ALL BANNED. RicardoSmith,WWM,Merc, Nakey and Dr. Loon Please Read

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

its a ring toss game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I won a bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

amp wrote:
    I see somebody has impersonated me in Winters rep.
    Maybe Winters lies? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

amp wrote:
    I see somebody has impersonated me in Winters rep.

Same in mine amp.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Oh what fun we'll have when I DO turn on the username field and everyone's blind folds come off....

Merc, if you hadnt acknowledged that it was you I would have had to slap you. And I know how much you like that :(

Bold! *wags finger*

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

DeVore wrote:
    Oh what fun we'll have when I DO turn on the username field and everyone's blind folds come off....

thumped.com have it as a subscriber feature DeV, might be a way of rustling up a few extra shekels?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Well I guessed as much. Of course Tilt has a special relationship with the admins which means not only does he not get punished, he gets rewarded by being the only person able to change his avatar, despite the fact that the rest of the paying subscribers currently can't. What a wonderful example to the population of boards and a lesson in abject corruption for some of our more naive members. :)

amp wrote:
    Well I guessed as much. Of course Tilt has a special relationship with the admins which means not only does he not get punished, he gets rewarded by being the only person able to change his avatar, despite the fact that the rest of the paying subscribers currently can't. What a wonderful example to the population of boards and a lesson in abject corruption for some of our more naive members. :)
    I can change my avatar amp. I have been doing quite alot over the past 2 weeks.
    Maybe the admins have just been biased toward you?

I can change my avatar amp. I have been doing quite alot over the past 2 weeks.
    Maybe the admins have just been biased toward you?

Ah I see it now linked from the subscriber forum which was in a locked cupboard at the bottom of stairs behind the door marked "Beware of the Tiger". Still, nice to see there's one rule for impersonating an Admin (banned from site) and another for impersonating a moderator (zip, nada, nothing whatsoever).

It's important that moderators are put in their place and pay the price for the priviledge of being allowed to moderate. After all Merc Tilt is free to impersonate any mod he wishes and give positive or neg pretending to be them.

But hey, nobody said boards was fair ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

It's sunny outside...

amp wrote:
    Ah I see it now linked from the subscriber forum which was in a locked cupboard at the bottom of stairs behind the door marked "Beware of the Tiger". Still, nice to see there's one rule for impersonating an Admin (banned from site) and another for impersonating a moderator (zip, nada, nothing whatsoever).

It's important that moderators are put in their place and pay the price for the priviledge of being allowed to moderate. After all Merc Tilt is free to impersonate any mod he wishes and give positive or neg pretending to be them.

But hey, nobody said boards was fair ;)
    Is that why your allowed go around and argue with people on threads about completly irrelevent and off topic points.

I prefer the rain.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its because I share a flat with Merc Tilt.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

amp wrote:
    I can just see the headlines:
    Prison Mod incarcerated
    Tilting Mod banished to his own forum

Is that why your allowed go around and argue with people on threads about completly irrelevent and off topic points.

What has this to do with impersonating someone? Off-topic tbh :)

amp wrote:
    What has this to do with impersonating someone? Off-topic tbh :)
    Grr. I have been zinged!

Just to let people know in the future: Like ecksor, I will not sign any rep I give. If you see a rep claiming to be from me or includes things that I might say then you know it's not from me.

Hopefully blatant abuses like Tilts will not succeed in getting the system binned.

P.s You're not the only one Jim, who Dev lives with is a bit off-topic and irrelevant.

It just struck me as funny that while others claim I play favourites with you, you are complaining I'm playing favourites with others.

I dont know why you made an issue out of this when you accepted last night that the two things werent the same. Also Merc outted himself and was pretty clearly taking the P. Not only that but there ARE differences between Mods and Admins, a nasty message from a Mod is bad but beyond their own forum they have no more power then a user. An admin on the other hand can see everything and anything they want to about a user and can ban them etc etc.

Mercs post was mean but it clearly wasnt intended to decieve, if anything he intended for it to be seen since he sent it to Winters.

Either you dont see the difference or you are wilfully ignoring it to stir things.

Do you really think I should ban Merc for a month? You see no extentuating circumstances here? No difference between what Jank wrote and what Merc wrote?

I've warned Merc to quit acting the b0ll0x. I'm warning everyone now. No more fncking around.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Stayed tuned for Part 2 of When Admins Attack ;)

Sleep with your eyes open Merc.....

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote:
    It just struck me as funny that while others claim I play favourites with you, you are complaining I'm playing favourites with others.

Well when I said "admins" I wanted to avoid having to name specific admins in order to avoid this being put into the "amp having a feud with another person" box, which it undoubtedly will do anyway as we shall see later in this post.
    I dont know why you made an issue out of this when you accepted last night that the two things werent the same. Also Merc outted himself and was pretty clearly taking the P.

Oh well then that's ok then. This means I can do what he did and get away with it if I post and continue my attack in this forum?
    Not only that but there ARE differences between Mods and Admins, a nasty message from a Mod is bad but beyond their own forum they have no more power then a user. An admin on the other hand can see everything and anything they want to about a user and can ban them etc etc.

Mercs post was mean but it clearly wasnt intended to decieve, if anything he intended for it to be seen since he sent it to Winters.

Either you dont see the difference or you are wilfully ignoring it to stir things.

Yeah, I'm willfully stirring things up here. Of course I am.
    Do you really think I should ban Merc for a month?

I have posted elsewhere suggesting that people who abuse the system should be prevented from using it. Any chance of taking that idea seriously?
    You see no extentuating circumstances here? No difference between what Jank wrote and what Merc wrote?

What either of them wrote is irrelevant. The impersonating bit is the relevant bit. If he or another user had written "I like cake - amp" I'd still be whinging.
    I've warned Merc to quit acting the b0ll0x. I'm warning everyone now. No more fncking around.

Well I'm sure he's taking your finger wagging very seriously. I'll drop the issue. Your site, your rules.

/me bows.

Well let's compare two specific trolls in PI. One troll was an unfunny attack on another user, using rumour and fiction to try and humilate that user as much as possible, the other was a poster taking the mick out of himself with a post he presumed would be obvious enough to be stopped during pre-moderation.

If you have issues with me, why not discuss them with me instead of hiding behind boards' anonymous features like a coward. I'm not even sure what motivates you to attack me as I've only ever defended myself from your vitriol.

And with that, this episode of HollyOaks is over.

Merc, if you have issues with Amp, I'll thank you to use other means to "get at" him then Boards. Thanks.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement