Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloud Style Updated

Options
  • 15-09-2004 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭

For those who notice such things, I've updated some of the out-of-place images in the Cloud style (thread tools, reputation images, statistics and polls, etc.).

We can easily add a variant on a style, e.g. for the Star Wars forum we can replace the Cloud logo with an SW logo by creating a child style with a different title image - should get around to a few of these shortly...

Any ideas, post them here...

J.
    --
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I noticed and did spake your name in humble reverence. I offer some positive rep as tribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Thanks I had noticed this, looks good!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

looking nice cloud, boards is really starting to shape back up since the upgrade, i'd say it was tough work anyways good job

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Cloud, little problem with it. Im not sure if its just me or what but sometimes if you have clicked on a link in the subbed the clicked item will turn black and will then become invisible with the black background. See attached image for explanation. Has happened to me on both Firefox (.10) and Internet Explorer (6.5).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

S'not just you, happens here too (firefix 0.9.3).

Presumeably happens to everyone on cloud skin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Yep it's the same in IE, I have to just add some replacement variables for the Cloud style and use those instead of the default colours.

And lo! amp did notice that the menu was now colour co-ordinated and did feel a deep upsurging of devout love spread within him. And it was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Anyone else noticed that the menu at the top of the boards homepage is transparent at the moment. Using Firefox 0.9.3 also checked and its the same in IE.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

And just as I post the thread....its back to normal...typical

Our Lord Cloud is at His divine work. We find the best method is to hold on to something sturdy until He is satisfied. With the divine work.

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Dearest Darling Cloudie Woudie
    I'm sure tis a beeeautiful skin an' all
    but do you have any idea when the minimalist skin will be up and running?
    it did go so well with the software I use at work.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Ah, the minimalist skin requireth much work since there are 100s of images in vB3 :( Perhaps we can get some volunteers as I have not much time at present.

/me averts eyes

I'll have a go, oh mighty One.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

amp wrote:
    /me averts eyes

I'll have a go, oh mighty One.

excellent!
    it may keep your attention away from...
    other areas....
    hop to it young fella!

Is there some sort of image pack or something?

/me pops over to vbulletin.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Cloud wrote:
    For those who notice such things, I've updated some of the out-of-place images in the Cloud style (thread tools, reputation images, statistics and polls, etc.).

We can easily add a variant on a style, e.g. for the Star Wars forum we can replace the Cloud logo with an SW logo by creating a child style with a different title image - should get around to a few of these shortly...

Any ideas, post them here...

J.
    --

*glomps*
    *lubs it*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

It's still a bit too black-on-black... the old cloud theme had a greater difference between shades of black/grey and so was more friendly to a greater varaince of gamma settings.
    I have to stick my brightness/gamma way up to see most of the detail, and even then it lacks the same contrast as the old cloud theme.

Also, while you're at it; any chance of a "Dusk" theme with a really dark blue/purple colour scheme? maybe a few stars in the background...

Bah, anyway back to Grey for now. :confused:

Advertisement