Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operator name on 6230

Options
  • 15-09-2004 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I have a strange problem with my Nokia 6230. It is displaying the operator name on the main screen as VF□ (i.e. VF[character it can't display]) instead of the more usual 'Vodafone'. Now I know this isn't the most serious problem in the world, but it's really starting to bug me! I bought the phone SIM free from nomatica.com a few months back and it did show 'Vodafone' for a few weeks, before one day mysteriously changing over. I didn't do anything to cause this.

Funny thing is when I was in Italy the week before last it displayed 'Vodafone IE...Vodafone IT...Vodafone Group', so there can't be anything wrong with the handset. Can there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

That's a bit weird alright, MobiMB lets you set the logo to anything you want once you've got some sort of connection between pc and phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

As far as im aware, vodafone are doing something at the moment and have messed up loads of peoples Logos, Ring them and they will resend you a fresh one, BTW anyone know how to get a blank logo onto a 6230? Using free software if possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Yeah this Vodafone 'Square' issue was one of the reasons for holding back on releasing it (the other being WAP 2.0 problems). The reason it worked over in Italy is because it's only a problem with various Vodafone Ireland base stations - Nokia/Ericsson. A weird one indeed, but Vodafone are on the case! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

As far as im aware, vodafone are doing something at the moment and have messed up loads of peoples Logos, Ring them and they will resend you a fresh one, BTW anyone know how to get a blank logo onto a 6230? Using free software if possible?

Just use wap and go to www.jhonny.org/wap and put in 1 for the id and press select. It sends an update to your phone that blanks the operator logo. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cheddox

Good to know the operator is aware of this anyway. I must say that this "square problem" is the only annoying thing about what is otherwise an absolutely fantastic phone.
    LoGiE wrote:
    Just use wap and go to www.jhonny.org/wap and put in 1 for the id and press select. It sends an update to your phone that blanks the operator logo. :)
    Just went to that site in work and clicked around a bit...oops, bad move! (Lots of bare flesh on display for those that are wondering why.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

try this code - *#67705646#

somebody posted it here before but it was for a different Nokia model

let us know if it works...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cheddox

Thanks nm, I actually tried that command when I saw it in the other thread but it doesn't work. Phone just says "Result unknown".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Same thing happened to me actually, but I know what caused it. I was trying to send an MMS message (which didn't work) but after the failure message the logo had changed. I've an old sim so it used to say Eircell but now it's VF□.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Hi,

I recently moved to Vodafone. Ive a 6230 at the moment and up to now it has displayed Vodafone on the screen, however, today i noticed it has been replaced by 'VF□' ie VF and a Box the same size.

Anyone seen this before/know what it is?

Thanks in avance

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i think it happens when u access gprs, mine was that first then i got vodbffwwfkj ie or something like that

very annoying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Are vodafone doing anything about this?

Thought I'd dig this up again with some new info:

My brother had the 'VF□' bug but replaced the logo with a blank one. And I've seen two Nokia 3510i phones which display 'Vodafone-' after accessing GPRS. But turning it off and back on again causes it to revert to 'vodafone IE'. AFAIK the 6230 stays on VF□ even after being turned off and back on.

Certainly something going on with the base stations I think.

Advertisement