Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horror Genre

Options
  • 08-04-1999 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

What Horror film would you recommend. Now, I'm not talking about 'splatter fests' or Horror-comedy, but rather films that either make you jump (when you least expect it) or leave you checking behind doors and switching on lights for weeks afterward.

For a start I'd recommend,

Phantoms.
    The dark half (a king film that's actually Good!!)
    Alien

J.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭DeViant

Its been mentioned on the board before
    but
    Event Horison

and "Dead Calm" Frightened the Living K-Rap outta me and maybe "Seven" for gore (Remember the prostitute)

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Scarab

I wouldnt say that Event Horizon is the sort of film that would make you jump that often , though there are parts where it might, its more a disturbing sort of film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Seven isnt gory at all, nearly everything is implied and/or psychological. Compared to the amout of blood thrown around Event Horizon its ye olde walk in the parke.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Sorry to drag this up again..

Seven wasn't that gorey. It was the implied violence that made it so bad. A persons imagination can do a lot more than a camera (assuming of course the person had read/seen/ heard some twisted things). Seven has to be a classic, just for the skill of it.

"Compared to the amout of blood thrown around Event Horizon its ye olde walk in the parke. "

hmmm, Gorkey Park?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Try the Believers, with Martin Sheen. Long time since I saw it but I remember thinking it was a good voodoo chiller.
    To this day I think Exorcist 3 contains the jumpiest scen I've ever seen (scene that makes you jump the most). That bit with the long shot of the hallway as the nurse checks the rooms. Watch it and hit the ceiling.

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I'm not really into horrors yself, but if you want a great laugh, watch the Evil Dead Trilogy, they are blatantly hilarious smile.gif

Advertisement