Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digital Freeview in Dundalk area...?

• 15-09-2004 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    Found these boards through a google search.
    Some of the other threads about this are at least 12+ months old and I was wondering if any N. Louth posters had any up to date info on reception success of digital freeview in the Dundalk area.
    I've read in other older threads that line of sight to the Divis transmiter is a must and that being able to receive Ch5 is an indicator of a good signal strength. Only time I get Ch5 at all is during hot summer days when I can also receive S4C and all the other welsh stations (Isle of Man relay?)

FYI I'm in S Dundalk/Blackrock area and already have some issues with my analogue signal. Ariel guy said I'm getting Divis signal better than camlough but that it had a lot to do with my signal amp.

While I'm on the subject, if I'm in a position to receive a signal, which of the multitude of set-top boxes should I buy? Also what ariel/signal booster should I look to have to increase my chances?
    Any help is much appreciated... :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

OK sorry about sig. Other forums don't have a problem with it...

But to whoever minus repped me with the colourful comments needs to get out more.

Oh and sign your ****ing -rep.

Your summertime welsh channels are coming via a good seapath directly from North wales probably from Llandonna.
    The isle of Man is served by Border ITV and ch 4.

If you are having issues with your Divis reception then it's unlikely that you can get free view from there.

As regards, your sig, well if and it looks to be within the sites size parameters then theres nothing wrong wit it , other than taste.
    If you have problem with an anonmyous rep comment which said something nasty,just remember that they are not really secret.
    Any of the admins can find out which poster was responsible and if warranted ban them from the site.
    This has been done already.
    The admin to contact is either DeVore or ecksor.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Net1

You will need perfect Analog reception in order to get the freeview service. A good indicator would be CH5 on CH37 from Belfast - I have tried freeview boxes out in Ard Na Mara and absolutely no hope.
    Sorry to dissapoint you but if you say your Divis is a bit ropey, it just won't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Net1 wrote:
    You will need perfect Analog reception in order to get the freeview service. A good indicator would be CH5 on CH37 from Belfast - I have tried freeview boxes out in Ard Na Mara and absolutely no hope.
    Sorry to dissapoint you but if you say your Divis is a bit ropey, it just won't work.
    Ah thanks for that. Not really a disappoinment, at least not as much of one as buying a set top box and seeing nothing but snow.

Just went and checked my Ch37 (only time I've ever got Ch5 in before was on welsh transmitter as mentioned in 1st post) and while I can see Ch5 it's about as far from perfect as you can get (although there is very little noise interference).
    I may get someone to swing my ariel as it's lined up for Camlough I think, and see if that makes any difference.
    Really is time the Irish broadcasting companies got something semi-organised in terms of digital, but then of course there are far too many vested interests making money out of Sky, Chorus and other pay services :rolleyes: .

Advertisement