Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV talk -> FRIACO?

Options
  • 15-09-2004 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Maybe I'm missing something, I haven't used dial-up in a long time, but aren't there these "free" internet services where you dial-up a local number, like 01-something? If you do that with UTV talk, don't you effectively get free internet access for an hour? If you keep an eye on the time, it seems pretty pointless to pay extra for FRIACO?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Most of the old 01-xxxxxxx numbers are now gone, you typically use 1890 numbers and they aren't included in the free minutes of UTV Talk, so you would still need FRIACO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Most of the dial up numbers are now 1890 numbers so this wouldn't work.

EDIT; Beaten by BK :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

I have a local number that's still working that I use. Checked my phone bill with Esat BT and I wasn't charged for the calls. €25 for free calls anytime national and internet anytime isnt too bad! Sorry I aint goin to give out the number, cause then it will probably be stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

There you go. I tried to decipher what EsatBT's offering is from the web site with limited success. Is that €25 on top of rental? If so, it's not really that great a deal in comparison to UTV. According to EsatBT's web site it seems to be free local/national calls up to an hour, not unlimited.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

UTV's offer is the same, you have to hang up on each call before you reach an hour and then you can redial the number..

AFAIK esat don't include line rental at the moment but they probably will start to do so, and I think UTV offer calls to the UK as well as part of the package whereas esat don't..

• Advertisement
Advertisement