Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Movie Wishlist !!!

• 15-09-2004 8:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

Ok .. I assume there are certain books/comics/graphic novels that everyone loves that they would like to see transfered to the big screen. Now we all know that Hollywood always does a great job at f**king up comic book or book adaptions to the big screen, so my question is name a favourite book or comic that you would like to see on the big screen and name your wish list of cast/director/producer etc.

For me the Graphic novel I would most like to see is Frank Millers ' The Dark Knight Returns' .. The director would be Darren Aronofsky (i know these two were supposed to do Batman Year 1 but tbh they are my dream team :D)
    The old batman would probably Clint Eastwood and the young girl robin would be milla jovich .. I am completely stuck on who superman would be .. I was thinking Hugh Jackman or Tom Cruise :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
    Done right this time with Alan Moore being very hands on as far as the script is concerned.

Not sure about a cast, but the original cast should have a barring order put on them to keep them away from the set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

The 4 Marys from the Bunty directed by Quentin Tarantino, have 4 unknowns as the main actors...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Ringworld by Larry Niven would be amazing if done well. Also there is huge scope for a spin off TV series.

Simu, What were the 4 Marys' surnames I can only remember Radcliffe and Hadleigh. ( Yeah I read my sisters comics, God those Marys were hot :o )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Cotter and Field! (Can't believe I remember that!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Terry Gilliam's "The Watchman" but that ship has sailed I'm afraid :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭skittishkitten

Witchblade - I loved the tv series they did, it probably could have been a bit better but I'm not going to b!tch. Would love to see it as a Movie !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I'd always thought Clint Eastwood would have been perfect for Batman in Dark Knight Returns. The only probem is that he would be a bit too old! Eastwood is about seventy five. Batman is about sixty in Returns. I know the suit would do a good job of concealing a stunt double, but Clint would have to handle a certain amount of action, and I don't know if he'd be up for it.
    I'd (obviously?) cast Jacko as the Joker again. He did a good enough job first time around.
    Pacino would make a great Commisioner Gordon, I'd say.
    As for Superman, I'd probably go with the Rock. There aren't many classic action movie heroes around any more, so its a tough choice. But the Rock has the physique and the look to probably carry the role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Actually, I'd love to see a decent adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's work.

Guillermo Del Toro was supposed to do At The Mountains Of Madness, but that has since dropped off the face of the earth (At least for now) as he's gone on to do Hellboy 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Err..

mycroft wrote:
    Terry Gilliam's "The Watchman" but that ship has sailed I'm afraid :(

Yes, would have liked to see Gilliam direct this, but Darren Aronofsky is also a good director.

Was going to add The Da Vinci Code as I'm reading it at the moment and can see how it could easily be made into a film but a quick look at IMDB shows that Ron Howard has already got his hands on it.

Advertisement