Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone from meath or the navan area?

• 15-09-2004 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

hmm i'm on boards for a few months now and was just wondering is there anyone here from the meath or navan are, coz feck i don't see anyone from there:P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

thankfully... NO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Try the regional boards.

North Est is http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=237

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

Me, strange this topic has actully come up before.
    Odd, there used to be a good few,most of them buggered off ,I havent been posting too regularly myself lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

ah cool, where abouts in meath are ya from so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I will be moving back to the People's Republic of Enfield in the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

Navan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Ste- wrote:
    Try the regional boards.

North Est is http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=237
    I wouldn't take that jinxy. Hes pushing you around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

dunshaughlin city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I ****ing hate Meath.... (role on the neg rep points!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I ****ing hate Meath.... (role on the neg rep points!)

This is from someone folks... who's from Louth...
    :rolleyes:

nuff said...

I've lived in the Trim/Athboy area... Folks still live there... Living in dublin myself now though :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I'm moving to Navan in 8 weeks ... memo to self, If I hear the words "nah a bauther" coming out of my mouth, I will kick my own ass!

LoneGunM@n wrote:
    I'm moving to Navan in 8 weeks ... memo to self, If I hear the words "nah a bauther" coming out of my mouth, I will kick my own ass!

c'mon man its not scotland you are moving to...

you have to get that accent right...

its 'spoh hon no bodger'

there is also some navan dialects that prefer 'spoh hon not ha bother'

there are classes you can take in navan to learn the language

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

there is also some navan dialects that prefer 'spoh hon not ha bother'

Bullshít, I'm from Slane and I have never heard a Meath person pronounce the letter 't'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Shoolaboola

hmmm i'm not from Meath or Navan...I'm from leixlip....but i did meet a really nice looking guy from Meath a few weeks ago in Blanchardstown....so if you're him....this is Roe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Currently residing in a nice part of Tallaght (Aylesbury) and will be moving to Navan in November with the 'Moth' cos houses are cheaper and brand new :)

This part of Tallaght ain't so bad as our house was only robbed once this year and the scum didn't even burn it out, they just left it abandoned in a field where it soon attracted the rats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Ok currently only running at 2 negative karma points for my offensive post.. Once comment tried to make out it was some sort of racist slur.. Thinking about it, Meath people are actually different enough to be considered an individual race?? Interesting topic..

Shout out to Hagar for the positive karma!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

They robbed your house and abandoned it in a field!! The blackstards!
    Navan man myself ... much to my own shame. You can only take so many years of that place.

ok a few replies here :P

thrid echelon, the accent isn't that bad i think you've only ever heard the common navan accent, yeah it's awful, thank god i ain't got it :P

shoolaboola, no it wasn't me that you met i'm a girl ;)

josephbrand, moving to navan, lol good luck to ya :P

raz, yeah i agree it's not somewhere you'd wanna stick around for, for your whole life, but it's improving in

third echelon, the accent isn't that bad i think you've only ever heard the common navan accent, yeah it's awful, thank god i ain't got it :P

shoolaboola, no it wasn't me that you met i'm a girl ;)

josephbrand, moving to navan, lol good luck to ya :P

raz, yeah i agree it's not somewhere you'd wanna stick around for, for your whole life, but it's improving in VERY SMALL dosages :P
    your local is stonehouse, ah it's gone very boring lately don't ya think, try malloy's , banjo's or knights, at least they've a bit of music, ok so knights and malloy's is hard to get a seat in but still, it's better craic :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I'm from Navan myself. Living in Dublin for the past while though.

Not overly fond of the place to be honest.

• Advertisement

jinxycat wrote:

third echelon, the accent isn't that bad i think you've only ever heard the common navan accent, yeah it's awful, thank god i ain't got it :P

i worked in navan for 4 years so i think i know the accent.. i know everyone doesnt have it, but people who are born and bred in navan usually do
    jinxycat wrote:
    raz, yeah i agree it's not somewhere you'd wanna stick around for, for your whole life, but it's improving in VERY SMALL dosages :P
    your local is stonehouse, ah it's gone very boring lately don't ya think, try malloy's , banjo's or knights, at least they've a bit of music, ok so knights and malloy's is hard to get a seat in but still, it's better craic :P

the stonehouse was always boring... was it ever exciting?

malloys is good but its usually packed out the door and can get very annoying at times...

best pub in navan has to be berminghams just up from the newgrange... best pub ever...

best pub in navan has to be berminghams just up from the newgrange... best pub ever...
    This man has taste.

DapperGent wrote:
    This man has taste.

Yes I Do... Its a great little pub. You can only fit about 20 people in there, but its always great craic.

I'm not a huge Guinness drinker, but the pints of Guinness in there are savage... :)

Haven't been there in ages... must stop by some day soon..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

jinxycat wrote:
    hmm i'm on boards for a few months now and was just wondering is there anyone here from the meath or navan are, coz feck i don't see anyone from there:P

ashbourne, and 100% royal...

yeah the stonehouse was always boring but i do think it depends on the crowd you go out with too,
    eg a certain friend, if i go out with her, jeez i always am garanteed to have a **** boring night :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

decob wrote:
    ashbourne, and 100% royal...
    Same. Hmm, we might know each other...what age are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭deckie27

Moved to Navan on Saturaday
    thanks for the pointer on the pubs.

The only pub I've been in so far is de Round O purely for hungary purposes

Dec

Berminghams (or Micky Marmian's if you're in the know) is the greatest pub in the fúcking world. Seriously. And I hate Navan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Prosta

Ine from Naaaaavan so I am.

Selling up and moving out. Lived there 30yrs on and off. The people aint friendly. The town is a hole.

Some scumbag even stole my dog from outside the Londis

Its extra special this time of year. 6 weeks of bangers and fireworks to listen to every night. The dog loves it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

DapperGent wrote:
    Berminghams (or Micky Marmian's if you're in the know) is the greatest pub in the fúcking world. Seriously. And I hate Navan.

I'm from Navan and that's the only pub I'll drink in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I'm from Navan, but am living in Dublin atm. (Hi Dapper!)

Seriously though, who calls that pub "Berminghams"? noob! :)

Teeth.

what someone stole your dog??? holy ****.
    yeah there is a few scumbags but we're not all that bad once you get to know us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Prosta

Och dont get me started on this place.

Maybe I'll start a new thread on who thinks Navan sucks and why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Because it's filthy and knackery and Solar smells like a crowd of mucksavages descends on it every weekend? Oh wait, that's all true. :D

• Advertisement

Currently residing in a nice part of Tallaght (Aylesbury) and will be moving to Navan in November with the 'Moth' cos houses are cheaper and brand new :)

Ditto, except we're moving in October!

Pet wrote:
    Because it's filthy and knackery and Solar smells like a crowd of mucksavages descends on it every weekend? Oh wait, that's all true. :D

I was in Solar about 4 years ago & swore that I'd never darken Navan again ... now I'm moving there!! Go figure.

The only pub I really go to is the Round O on Flower Hill [the prospective father in law's local]!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭dendenz

I live just outside of Enfield in Longwood but I am a Dub originally and hate the place. It is a hole!!

ah guys, i'm a nice navan person, honestly ;)
    tbh i don't go out in navan much, mostly dublin and now dundalk :p

Advertisement