Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fav Grunge Bands And Songs

Options
  • 15-09-2004 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Grunge music was big back in the day but who was your fav grunge band at the time?

Alice In Chains. :)
    L7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Can't beat Pearl Jam as far as grunge is concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Nirvana all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Soundgarden out and out :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

Soundgarden or Pearl Jam would have to be my favourites :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Pearl Jam.

I'd say the Melvins though if you'd class them as grunge (I don't)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭verdidnt

Grunge in my opinion is not a genre of music. Pearl Jam are a rock band, Alice in chains are a metal bad and Nirvana i guess are a rock/punk band. I think grunge was more of a fashion than anything else!

Anyways, it's gotta be Nirvana for me. Favourite band then, favourite band now. Pearl Jam are a close second.

Favourite song would be Niravana's "Negative creep" or "Lounge act". Or Pearl Jams "Black", "state of love and trust" or "indifference"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Alice in chains or nirvana.
    As john2 said the melvins if you could count them as grunge. But theyre a bit more metally than grunge (just listen to honey bucket off houdini)

And i agree with whoever it was said grunge was more of a fashion. I mean i really wouldnt count pearl jam as grunge they war far more stadium rock than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭2+2=5

Deadwing wrote:
    i really wouldnt count pearl jam as grunge they war far more stadium rock than anything else.

hahaha your taking the piss right? pearl jam a stadium rock band? that is the comment of the day...
    alice in chains and pearl jam wher the best grunge bands..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

pearl jam by a country mile
    evenflow = awesome !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Soundgarden
    Alice in Chains
    Nirvana
    Pearl Jam
    Temple of the Dog (If they could be classed as grunge, basically Pearl Jam + Chris Cornell)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Still my favourite genre after all these years and I don't think it'll ever be any different.

Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and Alice in Chains are the top dogs of grunge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Syd_Vicious

Not really big into grunge but three of my favourite grunge songs are "River Of Deceit" by Mad Season, "Man In The Box" by Alice In Chains and "Jessie" by Paw

Would Swervedriver be classed as a grunge band?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and AIC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rabbit_Fascist

Nirvana

Listen to School, Scoff, Sifting .... etc etc.

Unadultered genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Are Pearl Jam the only band from the Grunge era that are still together and producing good music? I kind of lost track of the Stone Temple Pilots, so I don't know anything about their more recent eforts.

I agree with the above poster, I don't think grunge is a genre of music, more of a label for the alternative bands that came out of the Seattle music scene in the late eighties/early nineties.

Oh, and Pearl Jam get my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Nirvana

Listen to School, Scoff, Sifting .... etc etc.

Unadultered genius.

Yes, Bleach is my favourite album too. And I own them all...

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Alice in Chains by FAR.

Classic stuff altogether, the rest have only released one very good album and then went downhill. AIC have released at least three excellent albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭casso

I'm starting to see a pattern forming.

I'd say Nirvana oor soundgarden myself, although I was never huge into grunge.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Pearl Jam for me, though the last album of theirs I bought was Vitalogy. Was successive albums worthy of buying? Nirvana's Bleach was very good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

byte wrote:
    Pearl Jam for me, though the last album of theirs I bought was Vitalogy. Was successive albums worthy of buying?
    Well if you liked Vitalogy then you should definitely look into getting the rest of their albums, especially Yield.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Bunnyefey

Grrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnge *drools* now that to me is being a teenager and living hard with my friends. I friggin love Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains. Any Grunge fans really need to get a hold of the Singles Soundtrack. Its grunge central. Oh and rent the movie while you're at it!!!!!!Its wicked as hell!

Advertisement