Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mariah Carey - Through the Rain

Options
  • 15-09-2004 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Heard this song for the first time on the radio coming home tonight. Now, it's no secret that the likes of Mariah record their songs by doing multiple takes of it, and then patching together the best bits of the best takes. But this song is the worst example of this practice I've ever heard.

The singing style changes on practically every single word. One word she's belting it out with all her lungs, next she's practically whispering into the mic and then lashing it out again. It sounds like there are two people singing on the track, each taking a word at a time.

It's also common practice among female divas to take a single word of the song, and use the start of the word from one take, the middle from another take, and the end of the word from yet another take.

In my opinion Mariah Carey and other divas who work like this are the lowest form of manufactured pop scum. At least with the boy bands, what you hear is what you get. If they can't sing, at least that comes across on the record!

I used to like her music, but now she's just a pair of tits to me.

Robbie

Advertisement