Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling all IBB Users on 3-Rock Mast?

• 16-09-2004 8:57am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

Just a question for everybody,

Is anyone interested in setting up something where a few of us could check with one another if the mast is up or down, as i'm getting an awful lot of downtime recently, particularly 6.30PM to 11.30PM it seems.

PM Me if you're interested.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

I'll help out

I havn't had down time for ages though...

Speeds ranging from excellent some days to very average on others...

PM me whenever needed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Yeah I'll lend a hand too but like gsand I haven't had any downtime in ages.

Have you called IBB about it? I have a clause in my contract that allows me to claim money back based on downtime in 2 hour blocks. If the service is down for 24 hours straight I get the month free. Have they changed the contract since I first signed up? (oct 2002)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Kevok> Is that why I always see you up vandalising the mast once a month?!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

I think it must have changed as I was down for a week at one stage last month and I was told the week would be reimbursed but nothing more-seemed fairish but I was unaware of cases of whole months being discounted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Red Alert wrote:
    Just a question for everybody,

Is anyone interested in setting up something where a few of us could check with one another if the mast is up or down, as i'm getting an awful lot of downtime recently, particularly 6.30PM to 11.30PM it seems.

PM Me if you're interested.

I'm beginning to feel like a squeaky wheel on this, but IBB have a number of different "offerings". Please specify if you're talking about Ripwave or HomeBreeze, because one can be down without any impact at all on the other.

And if your signal is fading away at specific times every day, then it's a fair bet that it's an "environmental" problem at your location that has nothing to do with IBB. One of your neighbours is turing on something from 6:30PM to 11:30PM that is interfering with your signal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭uteotw

I'm on 3Rock with VL 1MB... no downtime for weeks if not months...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Apologies everyone - we're talking about RipWave here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

2.4Ghz or 3.5Ghz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Blaster99 wrote:
    2.4Ghz or 3.5Ghz?
    Is there anyone still on 2.4GHz Ripwave?

I would have thought they'd have swapped them all out by now.

Advertisement