Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

richard Keys

• 16-09-2004 9:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭

Idiot of the night last night during a great evenings soccer (8 games
    all at once) Richard Keys on Sky Sports - While they discussed the
    whole ref getting hit with the coin they spoke about the sending off
    of Phillipe Mexes (he kicked a player after the half time whistle).
    Anyway Richard said "I know I'll get called Xenaphobic for this, but
    isnt that very Italian, kicking a man after the ref blows his whistle"

Cue Glenn Hoddle - "Richard Philippe Mexes is french"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

KevIRL wrote:

LOL i said exact same thing then, think he forgot that Wilkins played there and did very well. He wasnt very impressed with that comment.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

KevIRL wrote:
    Idiot of the night last night during a great evenings soccer (8 games
    all at once) Richard Keys on Sky Sports - While they discussed the
    whole ref getting hit with the coin they spoke about the sending off
    of Phillipe Mexes (he kicked a player after the half time whistle).
    Anyway Richard said "I know I'll get called Xenaphobic for this, but
    isnt that very Italian, kicking a man after the ref blows his whistle"

And did you see how odd he got when Hoddle pointed that out. "Yeah well he plays there." Said in a sulky "It's my ball so you're not playing" kind of voice. You wouldn't mind but he's only been playing there 5 minutes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Was funny alright! then was it Hoddle that kept on by saying Mexes made his deput on Sat/Sun and he was Man of the Match.....great performance!! haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

any1 see frank stapleton on "your on skysports" last night?

they were talking about benitez and frank said that he had only been there for five minutes (as liverpool manager) and the presenter echoed what he said without realising what he had just said. he looked real confused after echoing it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Frank was funny on the Today FM phone-in show after the matches last Saturday. They were talking about David James and Frank said that there are only four English keepers playing in the Premiership. Frank then proceeded to attempt naming them. As he was struggling very badly, the nice caller (still on the line) offered up Chris Kirkland to Frank but Frank quickly discounted him as "well, he's not playin at the moment". Unfortunately, Frank could only name two and got kinda huffy when the radio presenter started jibing him about it. Good ol' Frank!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

yea i saw it, and richard keys did mean that he played in itialy, and that is the italian way, the physical game!

it would be a rare day when glenn hoddle actually corrects a stupid comment, and doesnt say one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

I met both Frank "there's nothing written down here you know" Stapleton and Richard "Hairy" Keys.
    The latter was a nice bloke (he was with Andy Gray at the time... who was a good laugh) while the former was, uh, confusing [struggling for a word to describe someone who really doesn't like being in the company of other people.. not that he's nasty... perhaps very very shy]

Advertisement