Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AIB scam ????

• 16-09-2004 9:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

I got a email throughy this morning from an AIB email address asking me to click through to a website to update my details

http://62.142.239.81:87/%61/%69%6E%64%65%78%2E%68%74%6D
    from email address AIB GROUP [supprefnum30@aib.ie]

see attachment for info

Just a heads up to make sure no one gets done if it is a scam
    if it was legit they wouldnt have sent this email to my work address
    ......they would have sent it to the address I registered with

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

have you notified AIB? im sure they'd like to hear about it, and maybe they could get the site shutdown (if it hasn't already been taken down)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Yeah, the sub standard grammar kind of give it away. If they did write their e-mails like that I'd stop banking with them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I got one at my home e-mail address.
    I also knew it was a scam but when you look at the web address
    you might think it was legit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 AutoRteUsr

Its so obvious its not legit....you can enter anything into the form and it accepts it....theres no checkin to see that you entered the required fields

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

AIB have a warning about it on their 24Hour banking page, so they know about it already. It's been doing the rounds (I didn't get it though, muahahahah)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Hmm, it's from a DSL connection in Finland. Should be easy to shut down.

How feasible is a hack like that, anyway. You have to call up AIB if you want to add someone to your list of people whom you wish to transfer cash to, don't ya?

Wouldn't be that easy for a finnish person to ring up Aib pretending to be you, if your name is Seamus Mc Irish lad from kerry, would it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

They could pay someone with an irish accent to do it for them. The dsl line may of been hijacked, my friend is from finaland he can get a 100mb line for 8 euro per month. So I'm sure lots of non tech people have very good connections there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

24 Banking you can add any bank details (company or person) to your payments so long as you have the password to confirm it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Just got this spam. All the AIB text is an image, while hidden below in white on a white background is this...

Is it serious? American Music Awards some advice about things do happen. Ellis Island in 1960 Getaway Passwords in 1812 in 1804 BACK TO in 1901 American Express Small world! Thanks for visit we get on well Diablo 2 How about you? Lara Kroft in 1990 Schwarzenegger in 1800 how much in 1914 in 1800

Very strange!

• Advertisement
Advertisement