Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domino Lotus notes - Aidez moi s'il te plait -

Options
  • 16-09-2004 9:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

Does anyone know any backalley sites which have some gem tutorital or helpdesk manuals on supporting Lotus Notes Clients. I have a short term contract up coming (for my hols) supporting this in a local firm. Google and altavista dogpile searches and the general sniffing around have only returned a few exams questions and basic stuff :eek: any help by the boards massive appreciated --

A return on your efforts! :D

if its good enough i will give the person the 'chopper' dvd. Mark Brandon 'chopper' reid on the march.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Peter.Buckley

Hi Mate ,
    I support notes and the best link i can give you is this one .
    http://www-306.ibm.com/software/lotus/support/
    Also the helpfile within notes its self is good also.
    peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Palmerstown04

Thanks Pat - however been there and soaked up what was there. I reckon my only option is to go and buy the dummies book or get a copy of lotus to install. It not worth the dvd of chopper but heres a cool link that will give u a buzz.

http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/Homer/Sounds.html

BTW you said you support notes, do u have any manuals lying around that you could share??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I have a legatimate copy of Domino (Single user only). Its R5 with client/designer/admin, and manuals. I had to buy it when I was working on an open source project (legal reasons despite having access to Notes). I haven't worked on the project in a while and if I did I'd switch to Notes6.

There are a number of differences between 5 and 6. But not enough that it wouldn't present a huge learning curve. You can have it for free if you want, providing you pick it up.

Let me check tonight if it is all still in the box though.

On the ball Hobbes!

I would most certainly collect.

And for your toil - ill bring the chopper dvd to exchange - that is if you locate it etc.

Ok I checked. It has all the disks, but I could only find 1 out of the 3 manuals (the main one). However one of the CD's in the set contains all 8 manuals.

It is a one user only Notes Client with Designer/Admin functionality. Also Domino server (1 user). Also has some extra stuff that is normally bundled with Notes/Domino but I never played with it. Shouldn't be overly important for you.

Private message me contact details. I sent you one private message already but not sure if you know how to read them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Notes doesn't seem hellishly difficult to admin, you could probably get by with just the links given so far, depending on how well setup your companys domino server is...it could be a mess :)
    Pick up "Lotus Notes and Domino 6 System Administrator Exam Cram 2", it's around 30 quid.

Notes is just the client. Domino does take experience to set up correctly.

For reference. If you want to learn more about Domino, outside of the books supplied the best book I have seen for it is Domino System Administration. Excellent book (even if you know Domino), covers pretty much everything.

Thanks alot Hobbes and eth0 -- i am on the right road.

Advertisement