Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Choice Micheal

• 16-09-2004 10:25am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭

anybody else have a little snigger at the Cl results as real were on the back of a 3-0 defeat and liverpool bet last years finalists. And now doesnt micheals choice seem fantastic.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

yeah .. I was thinking that too when I heard the Real Madrid score ... He also warmed the bench ... He'd be playing , if he stayed with Pool ... Hmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Did he get on the pitch for Madrid or was he unused? When I saw him alongside Morientes on the bench I figured he was 4th choice striker for the night :D

I'd say the person who's able to chuckle the most is Gerrard but I'm sure he's not that juvenile!

<edit>

On the positive side for Owen, this manager may not think much of him but this is Madrid so there'll be another along soon enough who'll rate him higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

p.pete wrote:
    Did he get on the pitch for Madrid or was he unused? When I saw him alongside Morientes on the bench I figured he was 4th choice striker for the night :D

I'd say the person who's able to chuckle the most is Gerrard but I'm sure he's not that juvenile!

<edit>

On the positive side for Owen, this manager may not think much of him but this is Madrid so there'll be another along soon enough who'll rate him higher.

Was unused! Madrid where dreadful from the highlights I seen! cud have lost by more than the three goals....also I think Monaco are nowhere near as good a team as last year! was flicking between it and the Utd game and Monaco looks terrible....wud look at Liverpool more when they come up against one of the top teams

Also Utd where dreadful in the first half...little bit better in second but still where very lucky not to lose!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Poor Micky, the little scamp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think it's a bit early for that kind of gloating, but I'd love to see him regret his decision and then join us on the cheap next season, ala Ian Rush.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭DEG viper

To tell ya the truth i dont really rate Owen and feel that it was a bad signing by Camacho

Unless he plays for Madrid and actually adds something to his game while he's out there I'm not too bothered whether he comes back or not. Maybe in a few years :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

the monaco team this year is very different to last years team... they lost a good few of their most influential players and replaced them with players that are not as good... so i wouldn't read too much into the liverpool result.

They are going the right way about it though by winning at home. Good start.

I dont think Micheal Owen made a bad decision joining Real though. You cant base a players transfer on one bad result. Madrid will get better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

I wouldnt welcome him back to anfield, he done a real sly one on us in the first place. Besides chel$ki would offer a squillion pound for him and he'd be off there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Owen is overrated. I can't understand why he moved to Madrid where he is at best their 3rd choice striker.

I watched the Real match last night and they were crap. Leverkusen weren't great either.

• Advertisement

so i wouldn't read too much into the liverpool result.
    Certainly not on this thread :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

the fans have forgotten about him anyway! we loooooove baros now too!

garcia is a little dinger of a player too, very impressed with him last night, good replacement for owens pace in the side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Imposter wrote:
    Owen is overrated. I can't understand why he moved to Madrid where he is at best their 3rd choice striker.

Camacho didn't want him either!

Rumour has it Benitez asked Owen if he was signing a new contract or what and Owen replied of course with the usual delaying waffle. Apparently Benitez replied "then why has your agent been courting all the big clubs in Spain over the last 6 months, including Valencia?". Owen realised his bluff was called and agreed to let Benitez help him engineer a move to Madrid.

I have a feeling he'll regret the move yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

It's a bit early to be writing off Real. If I had to bet who would get further in the comp my money would be on them ahead of Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

I'm not writing off Madrid - just think Owen was mad to go to there. Raul is captain, Morientes has just come back from a stunning season at Monaco and Ronaldo was the club's top marksman last season. He's realistically fouth choice at that club I feel.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

yeah i can believe that ardent it makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Real are alway crap at the back. I cant see them not getting out of the group stages. They can easily beat a team 5 or 6 nil. (but it was funny hahaha :D:D )

Advertisement