Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 in last night at the Fitz {15-08}

Options
  • 16-09-2004 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭

I am pleased to say last night I witnessed first hand the phenonemon of "Tilting Tom". Another installment of the Tom-Viv saga was amusing for all to watch, and was altogether an enjoyable experience.

As for the final table, we seemed to hang around at 4 players for an age. Gary gets knocked out around 2.30am and a few hands later I raise with AJ, find the other two going all in, one on KT the other with 66, I call, spike a Jack on fourth street and its all over, a handy €1,100 for my troubles. Everyone was offering money for the dealers, obv in reaction to yesterdays post! (€70 is a fair tip, is it not?)

And not a hand of Omaha in sight....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Edmundo

What way does a 50-50 game work?

You pay 50 in and can rebuy for 50 if you lose all your chips. Then the winner form each table goes to the final table and that table splits all the entry fees and rebuys depending on where you finish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

That's a nice win JP. Well done! How many players were there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Well done JP, but tell us more about "tilting tom"!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hehe, I wasnt as tilty as I was letting on (a bit of that was acting cos I wanted a caller on the last hand, pity he spiked a Q on the river). But I was on tilt for sure!

To be honest I didnt want to play last night and I shouldnt have. I should have gone home as I wasnt in the mood. I do like playing with Macker and Viv though and theres always a bit gas with them.

I tried playing tight and putting on my usual game but I was tired and irritable from a sh|tty day at work. REAL sh|tty :(
    So I didnt care so much and just went on tilt and decided to throw caution to the wind. Actually its kinda fun but not very profitable.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

I'd say around 40. Prize pool was in or around €2300. I shall let Tom explain the madness, such as being goaded by Viv into calling a bet he knew he shouldnt have been near and getting a sweet river on Macker.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Well played JP, tbh I was rapidly running out of time with the blinds and once I had K or Axs I was going all-in regardless, just so happened I walked into your snowmen!! you're right though the final four seemed to go on forever although I was getting that feeling when we were down to two tables as well, just seemed to drag getting rid of the last few players.

From my point of view I was happy enough with the way I played, I only played four hands in total before the break, kept getting dealt rubbish, but didn't have to buy in. I topped up at the break and resumed my mucking of cards. I won a couple of hands and had about 6,500 when they announced that they were splitting our table to form two tables after the next hand.

I'm in late position and I look down to see AA, perfect "now how do I play this, will I slow play or make a small raise, or make a big raise and try to get heads-up?" all of which becomes immaterial as first one and then a second player go all-in for around 7K each. I delay for about 15 seconds before announcing all-in. Player 1 has 99, Player 2 has AQs, and although player 2 hits a Q on the flop the A's hold up and I've trebled my stack to around 20K going to the last two tables..

I managed to build up a reasonable stack before the break for the final table, and in truth the last thing I wanted was a break, the cards were flowing and all was good with the world. Still I did ok on the final table, unfortunately didn't get any callers when I had good hands, one hand in particular sticks out, another player doubled the big blind and I called, the flop gave me the nut flush as well as putting a K on the board, he checked, I checked, turn was another diamond and he checked, I checked, river was nothing and I was praying for him to bet but he didn't, I bet into him and he folded so all I got was the blinds really..

then the cards dried up and the blinds started to eat into my stack, it was 3-6000 and my stack was about 18K when I made my stand I had K6s and I was kind of hoping to steal the blinds, but if someone called I figured I had outs. Well JP called and I had no outs, I was happy enough with 4th and then I won €100 on the brag table so a profitable night all told

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Edmundo wrote:
    What way does a 50-50 game work?

You pay 50 in and can rebuy for 50 if you lose all your chips. Then the winner form each table goes to the final table and that table splits all the entry fees and rebuys depending on where you finish?

You have the first bit right Edmundo, its 50 in and one rebuy or top up if you want. However its not the winner from each table (thats called a shootout). As tables lose numbers, players are transferred around to make sure each table has the same (or as near as possible) to each other. Eventually you will end up with one table (final table) and they normally pay the last five (but this depends on the number of original starters). Sometimes the last few will make a deal and split the prize money but other times its staggered depending on where you finish. ie. Could be 1000 for first, 500 for second and so on. They will tell you as soon as the final table is formed all about the prize structure and how many are getting paid.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Congrats on the win JP, you looked like a man on a mission last night alright. I really needed that 50-50 with AQ over your TT to stand up for me but when it didnt I had a feeling you were going to go all the way. Well done man!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Ah Senor Iago I have a face to the name. There was good banter at that final table, I thought I was going to be there all night though since it took an hour to go from 4 to 3!

Gotta love that brag btw :D

Juan Pablo wrote:
    I'd say around 40. Prize pool was in or around €2300. I shall let Tom explain the madness, such as being goaded by Viv into calling a bet he knew he shouldnt have been near and getting a sweet river on Macker.......
    yeah I made two FOUL calls last night. Both when Macker CLEARLY had me beat and I drew out on him once (though its not like he wasnt rivering EVERYONE too!). I dunno I just wanted to get into the thick of the action and lately all I've been seeing is 85 and J6. :(

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

You're right JP the final table was good fun, would have been better fun if I'd of got a couple of poket pairs at some point! but there was a lot of good play I thought..

Compared to the start when I was on player x's table early on, brings a whole new definition to any two cards!!

all-in followed all-in followed all-in, without a picture card an ace or a pair to be seen including an all-in on the blind for 850 with blinds at 50-100, two callers and player x won the pot!

I just avoided the confrontation although in one hand where I raised preflop with AQo, by 3-4 times the blinds and was called, flop was rags and player x went all in, nearly threw it away but purely because of who it was and the fact that I could rebuy called for the remainder of my chips, player x had a small pair but I hit my A on the turn to take the pot.

The early table was very entertaining though, every hand or at least every second hand had an all-in that was called and sometimes by 3 or 4 players...and I avoided them...

BEHOLD THE POWER OF THE LIGHT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Well done lads, wanna shine a bit of that light over my way Gary?

Advertisement