Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First IBB invoice

• 16-09-2004 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I sent my application for IBB broadband on Tuesday.

I noticed my credit card was charge €148 today.

I also recieved an invoice today from IBB explaining this charge.

€99 for installation.
    1 months subscription.
    Half a months subscription for September.

Why half a months subscription for September if I won't have my modem until October??

Is this normal?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hello,

I sent my application for IBB broadband on Tuesday.

I also recieved an invoice today from IBB explaining this charge.

€99 for installation.
    1 months subscription.
    Half a months subscription for September.

Why half a months subscription for September if I won't have my modem until October??

Is this normal?

I hope the actual bb service is as speedy. Sounds to me as if you should be asking them about the charges and pronto!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

IBB charge €149 inc VAT as their installation fee according to their website. So I guess you are not being charged for September really, as you would have been charged this sum anyway.

Sounds like some one trying to make it look like you got more for your install fee than were supposed to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Jaysus - I've had it installed for a week now and they still have charged me nothing - hopefully they lost the forms!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Hmmm. They've sent me an e-mail saying I was charged this much because my modem was shipped to me via DHL two days ago.

Strange, haven't recieved it yet and DHL are same day delivery, correct?

They also can't seem to be able to give me the DHL tracking number...

Something fishy going on here...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Something really strange to be honest,

IBB don't use DHL for shipping Ripwaves!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

OK, spoke to a nice person from IBB on the phone there. Turns out the delivery people (who are in fact interlink not DHL) messed up delivering the package to me and have it sitting in Dublin port.

Going to pick it up tomorrow morning.

YAY! :)

Advertisement