Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercings and Interviews

Options
  • 16-09-2004 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have my lip pierced and I love it :) The thing is I have an interview for an internal jobin work coming up in a couple of weeks. When I mentioned it to my mother, the first thing she said was "And what are you going to do about your lip?". I hadn't actually given a thought to the piercing. I was, and still am, more concerned with preparation for the actual interview itself.

I guess in a very long-winded way, what I'm wondering is whether anyone has ever had the impression that an interviewer took an instant dislike to them based on a facial piercing? My mother has me paranoid now :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

malice_ wrote:
    Hi all,

I have my lip pierced and I love it :) The thing is I have an interview for an internal jobin work coming up in a couple of weeks. When I mentioned it to my mother, the first thing she said was "And what are you going to do about your lip?". I hadn't actually given a thought to the piercing. I was, and still am, more concerned with preparation for the actual interview itself.

I guess in a very long-winded way, what I'm wondering is whether anyone has ever had the impression that an interviewer took an instant dislike to them based on a facial piercing? My mother has me paranoid now :mad:

If it worries you then take it out, show them you have thought of it, but then if you already work there and they let you with a piercing then it should not really make a difference. Personally I would rather err on the side of caution.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Well they might be deciding between you and someone else, and they ca't decide, so they pick the person without the peircings.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Personally I would rather err on the side of caution.

I agree with that. I figure I'll take it out just to be on the safe side. I just hope the interviewers don't start staring and wondering aloud why I've a little hole under my lip :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

malice_ wrote:
    I agree with that. I figure I'll take it out just to be on the safe side. I just hope the interviewers don't start staring and wondering aloud why I've a little hole under my lip :)

I'm sure a little bit of foundation or blemish masking cream over it would plug the hole, other thing is that if the interviewer knows you they will know you have made the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Hmm, never thought about the concealer/foundation idea. As to whether the interviewers know me, well it's an internal job in the company and I see both of them regularly in the canteen at breaks times. Of course they work in HR and I don't so I probably don't enter their radar at all ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement