Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Majic: The Pissup

Options
  • 16-09-2004 11:53am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was talking to Joe O'Neil last night and he's opening a night club in The Henry Grattan on Friday 8th Oct.

Now, although I consider most of you to be retarded monkeys, there are a few whose presence I can stand for brief periods.

So I'm suggestion a Poker Forum Oh-My-Got-We're-Not-Playing-Poker-What-Will-We-Talk-About-Hey-I-Know... Pissup.

Perhaps with some 50/50 action beforehand :)

Joe has promised us free admission before 11:30 or if you flash your Fitz pass any time.

So what do you think? If anyone knows how to run a good club I'm sure Joe does. I'd say he's been thrown out of most of them!!

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Sounds good to me. What in gods name does Joe O Neil do? Other than open nightclubs and hit monster flops with 2-3 os!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

as an offical "retarded monkey" club card holder I take extreme offence at your labelling of us in such a way and demand that you retract your negative statement and make financial amends for hurt and suffering caused..

a pint in the Henry Grattan on the 8th should do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Which guy is Joe O'Neil? Is he the crew cut 100 Omaha player who looks about 35 and has a freckle or mole on his face?

By the way, since I mentioned the fact somebody gave me a - reputation point, I think people started to think it would be hilarious to give them to me for no reason, so I've gone from +15 to minus 1. I use boards.ie to find out allot of info on various things including web design for poker.ie etc. So it is quite important for me. If you gave me one joking please reverse it:) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I fail to see how having a low rep can stop you finding out information on various things including web design for poker.ie etc. As far as I'm aware, and I hope DeV will correct me if I'm wrong, but having a minus reputation does not effect your ability to navigate your way and glean data from the treasure that boards' fine forums lovingly craft and store.

We do however have many threads currently where this very subject is the topic of heated debate. May I suggest you pick your favourite and go whinge there instead?

Getting back on topic, I'd be on for some drunken mayhem!

amp wrote:
    I fail to see how having a low rep can stop you finding out information on various things including web design for poker.ie etc. As far as I'm aware, and I hope DeV will correct me if I'm wrong, but having a minus reputation does not effect your ability to navigate your way and glean data from the treasure that boards' fine forums lovingly craft and store.

We do however have many threads currently where this very subject is the topic of heated debate. May I suggest you pick your favourite and go whinge there instead?

Getting back on topic, I'd be on for some drunken mayhem!

Since this is where the majority of -points have come from, I thought it would be best to add it to here. I made a simple request for those who jokingly gave me a bad reputation, if they want they can reverse it. If not, fine. Yes I can still navigate, but if I am trying to propose deals with people it does not look good to have a red mark beside my name. I also post in the for sale forum which will have a negative effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

What's the club called? Hope it's something like SPADES or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I gave you negative points. I did not do this as a joke but because you said you didn't drink. For the record, I signed the reputation I gave you.

As I am in a generous mood and had sex last night I will bestow some plus point on you.

MrP

EDIT: Sorry Cormie, I can't give you any points. I have to spread it arrround a bit first. I will though, when I can.

Oh sorry for calling it a joke, I didn't know you took your drinking so seriously. Haha. Thanks man!

Please check your PMs Mr. P!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Will there be poker at this club?

MrP

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Any more off topic-ness on this thread will lead to off-bannedness. k?

The Club is called Majic and no, I dont think there'll be poker!

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Anyone else want to come or has this been dragged too far off topic and now noone wants to come out to play?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I might but I will not know till closer to the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Waylander wrote:
    I might but I will not know till closer to the time.

Ditto

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

DeVore wrote:
    Anyone else want to come or has this been dragged too far off topic and now noone wants to come out to play?

DeV.

I'd love to, but unfortunately I'll be in Paris, playing poker in the Aviation Club de France.
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Samson wrote:
    I'd love to, but unfortunately I'll be in Paris, playing poker in the Aviation Club de France.
    :cool:

Whoo... Are you going on-spec., or have you won a seat into a tournie?

...and just so I don't get banned for being off-topic, sounds like a good night, but alas I'll be away.. Although nowhere quite as exclusive as Samson..

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Whoo... Are you going on-spec., or have you won a seat into a tournie?

I'm actually travelling to Paris for the France vs. Ireland World Cup qualifier, but I have a feeling I'll be spending most of my spare time whilst there at a table (of one sort or another ;) ). I certainly intend to play in a cash game or two, and I'll also be playing in their daily €25.00 freeze-outs (1430hrs).

*squint*

*frown*

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Ill be going anyway, see he wanted to call it Joe's but they wouldnt let him

Advertisement