Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns n Roses

Options
  • 16-09-2004 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

what do u think is the best album..........?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭verdidnt

Appetite for destruction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Shoolaboola

verdidnt wrote:
    Appetite for destruction

totally agree with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

verdidnt wrote:
    Appetite for destruction

easily their best work.

I heard slush aren't too bad. Has anyone got to listen to the album?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Appetite for Destruction is the only one I'd play if I was sticking on an album.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Easy.

Appetite for Destruction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I reckon you'll find most people will say Appetite... including me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

What he said ^^

i have -8 rep points...this is not good

i have -8 rep points...this is not good

Ha ha!! Why? Here I'll give you some rep...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I can't say I enjoy Guns'n'Roses (see the worst singer thread) but I do enjoy that song they did for Terminator 2. The rest just doesn't make my sea vessel buoyant.

• Advertisement

John2 wrote:
    I can't say I enjoy Guns'n'Roses (see the worst singer thread) but I do enjoy that song they did for Terminator 2. The rest just doesn't make my sea vessel buoyant.

Yeah I saw that thread, and saying Axl Rose is the worst singer? I figure you aren't exactly the full shilling. We'll leave it at that.

Dr. Loon wrote:
    Yeah I saw that thread, and saying Axl Rose is the worst singer? I figure you aren't exactly the full shilling. We'll leave it at that.

Well you are a doctor so you're probably right. Still think he's a whiny bastard though :D

i don't know, i'm new and i got banned from PI for making jokes.
    Thanks tho, i'll give you some too. :D

John2 wrote:
    Well you are a doctor so you're probably right. Still think he's a whiny bastard though :D

if you think he's whiny...what do you think of little miss whine-alot, aka Avril Lavign?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Avril Lavigne's music is hardly "rock" ? Hrm, she's terrible (at singing).

Back on topic, Appetite.. was of course their best album. Worst would have to be the Spaghetti Incident?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

best song is paradise city....

I don't like Axl Rose's singing (for the most part) but I don't think you can compare him to Lavigne. Granted I compared him to Fred Durst in another thread but at least they are both in metal bands. Lavigne is a travesty!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

John2 wrote:
    Granted I compared him to Fred Durst in another thread but at least they are both in metal bands.

STOP RIGHT NOW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

John2 wrote:
    I don't like Axl Rose's singing (for the most part) but I don't think you can compare him to Lavigne. Granted I compared him to Fred Durst in another thread but at least they are both in metal bands. Lavigne is a travesty!

durst and lavigne would b a good comparison
    leave axl completely out of this

John2 wrote:

You don't have to like Axl Rose's singing, that's your opinion which you are of course entitled to - at least until I bevome King of Ireland. Ha ha ha.

I reckon you'll be hard pressed to find many rock/metal fans that don't appreicate Axl Rose's voice. Even if they don't' like the music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Rozabeez wrote:
    best song is paradise city....

No Way, Sweet Child of mine is the best song on the album

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Rocket Queen gets that accolade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭gogul

Welcome to the Jungle (what an intro!). Such a damn shame they are no longer around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 mjn

TIPPTOP wrote:
    No Way, Sweet Child of mine is the best song on the album

Rocket Queen is easily.....but live, Nightrain is the best, no question!

i really love them all, but welcome to the jungle makes me feel sick for personal reasons....ugh why do weirdos ruin good songs?

IrishMike wrote:
    durst and lavigne would b a good comparison
    leave axl completely out of this

you tell em...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

use your illusion2 is my favorite and civil war is my favorite song. anybody heard the chinese democracy stuff, from what ive got it makes me want to cry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

Appetite, but Coma is prolly my favourite song.
    I dont really have a favourite track on Appetite but it's definately not 'Paradise City'. I always skip it, and not cause it's over played, its just boring. Apart from the heavy bit in it :D
    I dont like 'anything goes' either, but the rest of the album is awesome. Id prolly go with mjn, nightrain or maybe It's so Easy, too hard to say tbh.

Axl Rose Is just one of the greatest singers ever, imo. All you have to do is listen to the diversity. Estranged - Coma - It's so easy - You Could be Mine ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Dr. Loon wrote:
    I reckon you'll be hard pressed to find many rock/metal fans that don't appreicate Axl Rose's voice. Even if they don't' like the music.

I'll be hard pressed to disagree with Dr. Loon.
    Axl has fantastic range, he's a very good singer altogether.

Granted, Kriss Rigg would bury him if we were to compare, but the man is (Or was) seriously something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Appetite contains about 90% of their good songs. Rocket Queen's my favourite.

Advertisement