Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old Skool

• 16-09-2004 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Am i the only person here who`s massively into Old Skool,like Acid House, House/Rave 89-94,Bleep Tekno and the likes?Todays dance scene cannot ever be as good as the glory days of Acid House,the only dance music i can listen to today is Funky or filtered house,the rest bores me esp Detroit Techno,this is from someone who used to be into that scene,its full of spotty geeks who are too serious about the music and a lot of it sounds the same,dj`s like Claude Young are technically brillaint but the music is too monotomous...Hard House,the bastard child of hardcore is for pilled up drug monkeys,i dont mean to be too critical but thats the way i see the scene thesedays,this is from someone who has been onthe scene since the glory years of 1990,my only regret was i wasnt around for the original summer of love in 1988,very rarely do i go out clubbing thesedays,i actually used to prefer to call it raving myself,just wondering what others reckon? ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Michael Masterson

Fully agree love the old school stuff sorry R A V E ....still go clubbing alot but you can't beat the early 90's even though I was very young ...I tend to go back and play loads of retro stuff sometimes on ministry93.2 fm in Dublin which should be back this week-end ...expect some nice retro classics comin your way ... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Love alot of the older stuff myself, and I ain't that old at all! (26 actually). I love alot of the trance and techno that was on compilations like the Reactivate Series (Reactivate 10 'Snappy Cracklepop Techno' being the best by far!), and Freska.
    Marusha, Legend B, Nostrum, Westbam (Wizards of the Sonic - Red Jerry 95 Remix - the best!), Scooter (early days), Matt Darey, Li Kwan, Laurant Garnier, even 2 Unlimited and KLF (hangs head...) got me going. Made me want to be a DJ (which I am now... don't ask!).
    Its all gone down hill in the last 5 years or so. All that dumb-ass repetitive trance/techno babble... and it doesn't even have any lyrics. Progressive sh1te really... Its all a copy of stuff done before, just a different pitch.
    There are some good remixes and hard trance, or what I call Pop Techno, like Jan Wayne, Aquagen, CK Dreamteam, and things like that.

What happened to it all jonny68?

Seanie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

I'm big into the Classics too. I was too young back in the day to go to the Ayslum/Sides etc...but I love all the classics from those clubs. I tried to get my hands on some of them but it cost an arm & a leg so I've knocked it on the head for the moment. I always said if I could go back in time I'd go back to the last night at the Ormond cos I heard that was meant to be an animal night!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

My God that was some ****ing nite,i was at it with my ex bird,the place was rammed,thousands outside trying to get in,does anybody have a recording of that by any chance??personally id go back to the glory days of 1990 if i could,i was 19 then (im an old **** :( ) but it was some year,we all wore flares like the Madchester scene and were into a crossover like KLF/Orbital,bellp tekno,Happyy Mondays/Stone Roses,all sorts a ****ing great year..long be the days lads eh.... :D
    stephen p wrote:
    . I always said if I could go back in time I'd go back to the last night at the Ormond cos I heard that was meant to be an animal night!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Michael Masterson

They see the old live mixes in abbeydiscs ...
    I think the soundcrowd gig was class ahh the good oul days..

• Advertisement
Advertisement