Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posessions Insurance

Options
  • 16-09-2004 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭

Didn't really know where to ask about this, so I thought I'd give this forum a go.

I'm renting accomodation in Dublin, and I want to take out insurance on my own possessions, which is basicly just my clothes, my PC, my violin and my MP3 player. I want to just insure these, which is only a few thousand euros, but all the insurance companies I've phoned, such as axa, only offer policies that start at E20,000

Any suggestions on companies that offer this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Oops, I meant by policies that start at E20000, as in the amount of posessions that will be insured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Andrew Duffy

You'd be surprised. Clothes will cost a lot more to replace than you initially think, especially things like suits, coats and shoes. I've got several thousand's worth of CDs and DVDs and I don't have a particularly big collection. Jewelry, passports, licences, documents - there's a lot to replace if there's a fire.
    How much does the 20k of cover cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

do a search on boards... there was a thread on this a month or two ago...

basically insurance companies wont insure you for possessions if you are renting... or that was the case then...

Yeah, that was my understanding too. Which is mad. I want my PC insured goddamnit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Im in the same boat myself... I want to give these people money to insure my belongings but they just wont take it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Yeah, but sadly that doesn't answer my question. I'm really looking for someone that's the equivalent of Endsleigh in the UK.

Advertisement