Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on DVD

Options
  • 25-06-1999 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

I want to get screenshot from "Ghost in the shell" for my desktop, but the DVD seems to be using a different method of writing to the screen which stops me from cut and pasting. Any solutions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yeah Hobbes its called copy protection wink.gif

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

try a screen grabber program.

or if that fails get your camera and take a picture of the screen (does it for me smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It's kind of cool. No screen grabber program will work. What it seems to be doing is writing Purple to the windows screen then sending the picture directly to monitor mapping it onto the purple. A bit like how blue screen effects work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

i was gonna do a lengthy post on how exactly that works, but I couldn't be bothered... smile.gif

So instead, I'll tell you how to get past it. Use software DVD (PowerDVD is good, iirc) and you can grab that no bother, since it writes into the framebuffer rather than running an overlay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

i was gonna do a lengthy post on how exactly that works, but I couldn't be bothered... smile.gif

So instead, I'll tell you how to get past it. Use software DVD (PowerDVD is good, iirc) and you can grab that no bother, since it writes into the framebuffer rather than running an overlay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement