Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"A temporary file needed for initialization could not be created..."

Options
  • 16-09-2004 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

I have a load of files in the one folder but when I try to open them the ms-dos flashes up on the screen for milisecond. When I right click on one of the files and choose "Run as..." I get the following message:

16 but MS-Dos Subsystem
    "C:\DOCUME~1\WALSH\LOCALS~1\TEMP\. A temporary file needed for initialization could not be created or could not be written to. Make sure that the directory path exists, and disk space is available. Choose 'Close' to terminate application.

One file which I get this message for is the following (95kb):
    ftp://ftp.fh-koblenz.de/pub/DJGPP/current/unzip32.exe

Any idea's?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Seem's to be a command line program that your trying to run in windows. i ran the prog (after i scaned it for viruses;) ) and the same thing happened so i took a screen shot, and loads of cmd line options appear, so it seems to be a cmd line prog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

No idea how to solve the problem?

It Not a problem you just cant run a Cmd line Prog in Windows, which is what your are trying to do.

I am a novice when it comes to these kind of things. I got a CD-rom with a load of these files, is the CD no use now?

It might be, but if i were you i would not be running any program just for the sake of it. run a program becouse you want to do somthing. ;)

• Advertisement

I am not even running it because i want to, its because I have to. :) I got a CD-rom with djgpp on it and i need it for a Computer Science course. Am I fecked?

No. but you will have to run it from the Cmd line. if not familiar with this, click Start, Run and type "Cmd", cmd line will open type "help" will show you a list of commands, then just familiars yourself with the commands.

But be careful not to do anything stupid though. ;) (like a format)

Advertisement