Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Average Age at evening courses?

• 16-09-2004 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi all,
    I going to start Computer Science at Trinity and I'm worried about the age of the student at this course.
    Anyone knows the average age of the people at this course?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 atlas

'fraid I don't but a quick phone call to the department might be a good idea.

Check your private messages Patocapo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Zakalwe

I'm about to enter 3rd year Computer Science. Ages range from 22 to 30 something. I'd say the mean age in my class is probably 27. There's only 12 people in the class too, so it's a great learning environment

The person you should talk to is Course Director Mary Sharp. She's really down to earth and will fill you in on all the details.

It's not an easy course by far. You'll have to juggle work and 3 nights of class plus a lab. There's also study to consider and coursework for continuous assessment. The course covers much more than computers. It also delves into statistics, math, accounting, law and more.

Enjoy the course. I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bill_Bailey

Heyo,

I'm starting the Computer Science (Evening) course in Trinity this year too. Registering on Thurday evening! Not too far away now...

I'm 28...

Ross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭positron

How hard is it to get into evening courses? I am thinking of applying for MSc MIS evening program this year, and was told very hard to get in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

Trinity are money whores , All you have to do is flash the 3+ grand at them and they will let you in.

One thing i will say to you is MAKE SURE you have your companies backing cause if you dont forget it. I changed jobs a few times and not one gave me any study leave or anything.

Apart from having to be around day students who are so god damn lucky they dont even know it and then spend most of the evening bitching and moaning about their lives in the computer rooms not realising how easy there life is.

enjoy the course :D

Advertisement