Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Firefox Challenge

Options
  • 16-09-2004 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Read why you should change to firefox and step up and accept the 5 Day Firefox Challenge! Here's the challenge:

Download and Install Firefox as your default browser. If after 5 days you're not convinced Firefox is the best browser available, uninstall it and switch back.

Firefox will import your bookmarks from Internet Explorer.

A Google search box is built in. And if you miss the full toolbar, download a Firefox version of the Google Toolbar.

Use the Tabbed Browsing functionality. Watch your productivity improve.

Subscribe to some Live Bookmarks, like the one on Slashdot or Wired News. See the Live Bookmarks RSS button appear on the toolbar when visiting your own favorite sites.

Play with Firefox. Get to know it. Have fun with it. If after 5 days, you're not completely convinced, feel free to switch back. There's not really any risk.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Cows With Guns

Pity it doesn't load a page thats opened in a new window from a page thats loading, TILL the original page has loaded fully.. you really notice this on dialup.

Maybe thats just mine

• Registered Users Posts: 9,231 ✭✭✭MrVestek

And they paid you how much for this? (Don't get me wrong I've used the priggie alot... just sounds like a BIG advertisement)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

seems like then infomercial channels on sky digital. :rolleyes:

i love firefox and i disgusted with myself if i have to use IE.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,231 ✭✭✭MrVestek

One of the things I hate is the way Microsoft hard codes some programs in widnwos to open links with internet explorer, ie MSN Messenger or the Windows Updater.... GRRRR!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Currently existing in IE.

- Jpeg exploit. Look at a hacked picture and your machine is owned.
    - Drag and drop exploit. Move the scroll bar and your machine is owned.
    - Inject Exploit. Website is able to inject its code into MS website giving it more access to your machine.

Problem is tons of new spyware crap exploit these.

If you don't like firefox get another browser other then IE.

I love firefox. Get the adblock extension. That alone will make you never go back. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement